• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Author Bio Length

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
I am asking as a sanity check. Is there a place to limit the characters of the author bio? I had a new author write a 500+ word bio. It's almost the same length as the article and wanted to set it lower or put a cap on it. I can't find where to set the limit so either I can find it through all my settings, google search, xenaddons search, or it doesn't exist.

Is this a thing? By the way, article submissions have been picking up so everything is running very smooth! Thanks Bob!

The About Author has a MAX LENGTH of 2000 characters. That is set by the DataWriter. There is no option to set a max limit. You can create a suggestion thread for it, however, I'd probably log into the Private Development site and post it there as an Early Adopter as it holds much more weight.

Fair enough and I appreciate the fast response. I will head over there and write it up. Glad I am not crazy :) I have become a much stronger xF admin this year.

Back