• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Usergroup permission: can edit items by others

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
On my big board I do not so much want to showcase personal items. Instead I want to showcase items that are central to many of my users. The author therefore is much less important. More important is that thousands of items are added and maintained by the community.
The items will change over time. If updating items is reliant upon a single author then chances are big that the responsible person is no longer active or otherwise engaged. That would result in a lot of outdated or empty items that no one will touch.

What I need is a usergroup permission that allows trusted users to edit/update all items. It is pretty vital to have though. Without such permission I dont think it will be feasible to have showcase items. I cant imagine how to manage thousands of entries by myself and a few staff members. I need my community to help out with it.

This would also resolve the request posted here:http://addons.nfljunkies.com/thread...e-item-managers-creators-or-contributors.179/

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't see why you can't use the Showcase Moderator Permission 'Edit Items by anyone' for this (as well as Tag Items by anyone). Maybe when you get a chance, you can create a secondary user group, set those 2 permissions for that group and test to make sure it does what you need. In theory, it will do what you want AND you can set these per category in case you have category's that you don't want group editing.

Thanks! I will try this out.

Marked as Implemented as this can be done via current permissions. No need for another permission that does the same thing that another one does.

Back