• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Contributors and Co-owners

Bob

Developer
Staff member
What this does is allow the Item Owner to add contributors and co-owners to their showcase items. Contributors and co-owners can perform the same actions on an item as the item owner (with the exception of DELETING the item).

Contributors will be listing in a sidebar block titled "Contributors" where as co-owners will be listed in the same places as the item owner (like the byline).

The management of Contributors and Co-owners is done only by the owner of the item (or moderators/admins with appropriate permissions).

This feature is available on a Per Category Basis (Allow contributors and co-owners). NOTE: This is is an OPT IN type feature, so you will need to opt into it for any existing category's as part of your post upgrade steps.

Selection_166.png

This is permissions based. The item owner must have the permission "Manage contributors/co-owners for own items" in order to use this feature (and the item must be in a category that allows contributors/co-owners).

Selection_167.png

If you want to micro manage your members, there is also a moderator permissions that allows staff to micro manage contributors and co-owners (which they should not be doing).

Selection_168.png

When the item owner has the appropriate permissions, they will see a LINK in the More Options menu titled "Manage contributors/co-owners".

Selection_169.png

This will launch an overlay title "Manage contributors/co-owners". When there are currently no contributors or co-owners, the only inputs will be the "add" inputs.

Selection_171.png

Lets add a couple contributors...

Selection_172.png

And here you can see that the 2 contributors I just added to my item, now display in the Contributors block in the sidebar below the Item Information block.

Selection_173.png

Lets click on "Manage contributors/co-owners" again. As you can see below, there is a new section added to the form titled "Remove contributors/co-owners".

Selection_174.png

You can promote any of the contributors to "Co-Owners" simply by using the "Add co-owners" input. Lets make Mr Helper a co-owner.

Selection_175.png

And as you can see, Mr Helper is now a co-owner (name is displayed in the item byline) and is no longer displayed as a "contributor' in the sidebar block.

Selection_176.png

Note: Co-owners are listed first (in alphabetical order) followed by Contributors (in alphabetical order).

Selection_177.png

When members are added as a contributor or co-owner, they will receive an alert.

Selection_179.png

Contributors or co-owners can leave the item contributors team via the "Leave item contributors team" link in the More options dropdown.

Selection_180.png

Since this is a remove type function, there is a confirmation overlay.

Selection_181.png

When a contributor or co-authors leaves the team, the article owner will receive an alert.

Selection_182.png

I THINK I've covered everything I wanted to cover... if not, I will update this post with more information.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back