• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Moderator Function - Lock Blog Entry

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
I would like a Moderator Function "Lock blog entry" that works similar to the Moderator Function "Lock thread".

The purpose of locking a blog entry is to prevent further edits being made by blog entry contributors (Author, Co-Authors, Contributors).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moderators with permission to edit any blog entry, can now lock (and unlock) a blog entry.

Selection_293.png

When a blog entry is locked, the following functions are disabled for Authors, Co-Authors and Contributors (unless they are moderators themselves).
  • Edit|Delete Blog Entry
  • Change Blog Entry Dates
  • Set Cover Image
  • Lock/Unlock Comments
  • Lock/Unlock Ratings
  • Create|Edit|Delete poll
  • Add|Edit|Delete Page
  • Manage Pages
  • Add to Series
  • Edit Tags
Important Note: Locking a blog entry does NOT lock comments or ratings. Those have separate lock functions. You might want to lock the blog entry from being edited, but not prevent people from posting comments or ratings/reviews.

Last edited:
When a blog entry is locked, the following functions are disabled for Authors, Co-Authors and Contributors (unless they are moderators themselves).
  • Edit|Delete Blog Entry
  • Change Blog Entry Dates
  • Set Cover Image
  • Lock/Unlock Comments
  • Lock/Unlock Ratings
  • Create|Edit|Delete poll
  • Add|Edit|Delete Page
  • Manage Pages
  • Add to Series
  • Edit Tags

I've added this information to the confirmation overlay so that moderators can see the effects of locking a blog entry has.

Selection_294.png

Last edited:
Awesome! This is SUPER useful.

Reactions: Bob
Update...

This was funded by an AMS license holder that also generously funded this for UBS (even tho they don't own a UBS license).

Important Note: Locking a blog entry does NOT lock comments or ratings. Those have separate lock functions. You might want to lock the blog entry from being edited, but not prevent people from posting comments or ratings/reviews.

I've updated the Lock blog entry form to include checkboxes to Lock comments and Lock ratings.

Note: If comments or ratings are currently OPEN, then the check-boxes will be pre-checked.

Selection_301.png

I've updated the Unlock blog entry form to include checkboxes to Unlock comments and Unlock ratings.

Note: If comments or ratings are currently LOCKED, then the check-boxes will be pre-checked.

Selection_302.png

Back