• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Alert & Email Reminders

mrb1972

Pick'em
Not sure if this is already a feature or on the "to-do" list, but how about Alerts Reminders for players who have not yet made their picks for upcoming events, 12hrs, 24hrs etc before cut off.

thanks

Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
With the new functionality of individual game locking, I had to change the Alerts to not include a Week Closing Date (as that is now meaningless with each game controlling its own lock date). I change them to simply "1st Reminder" and "2nd Reminder" to select your picks for Week X. These alerts reminders are sent out 48 hours and 24 hours in advance from the Alert Date for the week (which is new).

There is an Alert Opt Out (for those that don't want Alerts).

reminder-alert.PNG

Emails are pretty much the same exact wording with a link directly to the Picks Page. Im using the default email template right now, but will be making my own and stripping out the large unneccessary Board URLs. I'll also add an email opt out (for those that just want alerts).

reminder-email.PNG

Users can now enable/disable both reminders

alert-pref.PNG

Simple clean and to the point email reminder with its own email template for those of you that want to customize it.

email-reminder-new.PNG

I added a Pickem Tools sidebar block (currently only enabled on the 'Manage Your Picks' page). The first tool available is an AJAX Toggle for Enabling or Disabling the Email Reminders (this will not effect alerts). Email Reminders (which are new for this upcoming version) are DISABLED by default.

reminder-toggle.PNG

Back