• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Updated Weekly Reminders and Auto Picks

Bob

Developer
Staff member
I've made some changes to how the weekly reminders are sent out. I've also made some changes to how Auto Picks are set.

First change: All players will now receive reminders whether they've made their picks or not. The reminders are designed to ensure that you've not only initially set your picks, but also to remind you to double check them in case you missed setting one (which happens all the time).

Second change: The Alert date is now the actual date that the system will send the first reminder alert. The second reminder alert will be sent out 24-48 hours after the first reminder alert. This is a MAJOR CHANGE, so you will need to update all your current and upcoming weeks and set the Alert Date to the date that you want the 1st alert sent out!

Third change: Auto picks now apply to ALL players in pools that allow auto picks. Auto Picks are processed at the same time that the second alert reminder is sent out.

Auto Picks will set AWAY TEAM picks for every single game/match in which the player in the pool has not made a pick on yet (this is much different than how it previously worked).

For example, currently, if a player sets a least 1 pick, auto picks do not ever apply. In this new version, if Bob makes his picks and forgets to set a pick for 1 game/match, auto picks will set that game/match now (to the away team).

Fourth change. Picks now have multiple time stamps set for Logging purposes.
  • Pick Date: The date/time of the initial pick whether it was manually selected by the player or was set by Auto Pick.
  • Auto Pick Date: If the initial pick was set via Auto Pick, the date the auto pick was made is recorded.
  • Edit Date: This is set when a pick change has been made for a particular game/match eg, if you update your picks and changed your pick from Team A to Team B for Game 1, then its going to log an edit for that specific game.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've made some changes to how the weekly reminders are sent out. I've also made some changes to how Auto Picks are set.

First change: All players will now receive reminders whether they've made their picks or not. The reminders are designed to ensure that you've not only initially set your picks, but also to remind you to double check them in case you missed setting one (which happens all the time).

Second change: The Alert date is now the actual date that the system will send the first reminder alert. The second reminder alert will be sent out 24-48 hours after the first reminder alert. This is a MAJOR CHANGE, so you will need to update all your current and upcoming weeks and set the Alert Date to the date that you want the 1st alert sent out!

Third change: Auto picks now apply to ALL players in pools that allow auto picks. Auto Picks are processed at the same time that the second alert reminder is sent out.

Auto Picks will set AWAY TEAM picks for every single game/match in which the player in the pool has not made a pick on yet (this is much different than how it previously worked).

For example, currently, if a player sets a least 1 pick, auto picks do not ever apply. In this new version, if Bob makes his picks and forgets to set a pick for 1 game/match, auto picks will set that game/match now (to the away team).

• Pick Date: The date/time of the initial pick whether it was manually selected by the player or was set by Auto Pick.
  • Auto Pick Date: If the initial pick was set via Auto Pick, the date the auto pick was made is recorded.
  • Edit Date: This is set when a pick change has been made for a particular game/match eg, if you update your picks and changed your pick from Team A to Team B for Game 1, then its going to log an edit for that specific game.
Oh my. I think I completely missed this. Could you drop in a little contextual help on the edit week form to remind us dullards?

Oh my. I think I completely missed this. Could you drop in a little contextual help on the edit week form to remind us dullards?
I missed it too lol.

@Bob

Picks now have multiple time stamps set for Logging purposes.?

In PHPADMIN or on the forum?

Picks now have multiple time stamps set for Logging purposes.?
Yes :)

In PHPADMIN or on the forum?
All data is stored in the database.

There are no hidden admin pages for Pickem, if you have the Admin Permission for Pickem, you will see EVERYTHING that I've developed for Pickem in the Admin CP (to include some logging data).

Not ALL Logging data is meant for Administrative purposes, so you aren't going to find a GUI that will display everything ;)

Yes :)

All data is stored in the database.

There are no hidden admin pages for Pickem, if you have the Admin Permission for Pickem, you will see EVERYTHING that I've developed for Pickem in the Admin CP (to include some logging data).

Not ALL Logging data is meant for Administrative purposes, so you aren't going to find a GUI that will display everything ;)
Great stuff, thank you for your time.

Back