• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Renaming Showcase to something else...

Postal

Showcase
Hello, I wanna start with saying that this addon is absolutely badass. It's pretty much doing everything I could've asked for in a "garage" add-on. One thing I can't seem to find, which a search on XenForo has turned up an outdated solution, is how I can rename my Showcase to Garage or something similar? Both in the NavTab up top and also when on the main page of the Showcase...?

Which phrase controls the 'showcase' breadcrumb link?

XF doesn't have auto find and replace option like vB?

92A3tz8.jpg

I couldn't belive software like XF doesn't have a replace option. Shame. :( That was main translate tool in vB.
So, to translate 'Showcase' I need to go phrase by phrase manually. Great! :)

I couldn't belive software like XF doesn't have a replace option. Shame. :( That was main translate tool in vB.
I hear ya. I am a bit baffled at why they have not yet added it either. They added the Export/Import functionality, but still have not touched what IMO is the most basic need for the system. Only thing you can do is find the suggestion and LIKE it so that when it comes time for them to see what people want/need, the more LIKES the better...

So, to translate 'Showcase' I need to go phrase by phrase manually. Great! :)
Unfortunately, Yes. You will have to do that with any addon to include core Xenforo. You might be able to find someone that has already done a similar translation (for like a Garage for example) that could export their language (just from showcase) and then import it. I know a few of the "Garage guys" have done that. I've seen a few done for the RM (Resource Manager as well). It really doesn't take that long. It took me about 30 minutes to manually run through all the phrases with the term showcase (used the search to narrow down the phrase terms and then just went to town).

I've been thinking and came up to a completely logical solution.

1st Export Language; Export from add-on: Showcase
2nd Open .xml in (advanced) editor (eg. DW)
3rd Find and replace Showcase to what ever you want. (I renamed to Garage)
4th Import a Language; Overwrite language
5th Import.

It took me less than 20 seconds. :)

If @Bob permits, I can upload XML here.

5th Import.

Im sure you know this, but make sure you did this with the default language and NOT the MASTER Language (as the MASTER gets over written on upgrade).

There are 2 language sets?
Yes, however, to access the MASTER, you need to have the site set in DEBUG MODE.

Master Language is the HIGHEST LEVEL and it is replaced during each upgrade (to include Core XenForo upgrades). This is how CHANGES get pushed. If I make a CHANGE to a phrase for showcase and you have modified that phrase in the English (US) language, then you will get an "Outdated" phrase notice (just the same as with templates).

The biggest mistake people make is having their site in DEBUG MODE and editing the MASTER LANGUAGE and then wonder why their phrases changed after an upgrade.

Selection_304.png

5th Import.

5th Import.

Can you please post your XML?

@Bob Are you looking for an edited one? I just did it to change "Showcase" to "Reviews & Reports". Still looking at the front end, but the obvious stuff seems to be working after reimport. :)

Back