1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Renaming Showcase to something else...

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by Postal, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Postal

Postal New Member Showcase

Hello, I wanna start with saying that this addon is absolutely badass. It's pretty much doing everything I could've asked for in a "garage" add-on. One thing I can't seem to find, which a search on XenForo has turned up an outdated solution, is how I can rename my Showcase to Garage or something similar? Both in the NavTab up top and also when on the main page of the Showcase...?

2. MattW

MattW Server Admin Article Mgmt System EA User Blogs System EA Showcase EA

Hi @Postal , this is exactly what I've done.

http://www.z22se.co.uk/garage/

The showcase it all phrased, you I've been through and changed all the below phrases to replace showcase with Garage

You then need to change the route filters to point all requests to showcase to garage

route-filters.PNG

3. Postal

Whew.. looks tedious lol. I guess I'll get started on that tonight, then. Thank you very much for your help

4. Postal

@MattW , do I just click PHRASES in the ACP, do a search for "showcase" and then go through each and individual one and erase showcase out of "Phrase Text" and put in garage, then click save?

5. MattW

The list I put up is all the phrases, and the title of the phrase you need to edit. Navigate to each phrase and then like you said, edit and change the phrase to change showcase to garage

6. Postal

Perfect, thank you sir!

MattW likes this.
  7. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

The good thing is that phrases don't change much. I do add new ones and there are cases that do require phrases to change, so you will need to keep an eye on them when you upgrade. I will be trying to eliminate the word showcase from phrases as much as possible so that it cuts down on the amount of phrases you will need to change to re brand the addon.

bobs409, thelaw, tajhay and 3 others like this.
  8. Postal

Thanks, Bob. All of this worked flawlessly. Again, awesome work!

MattW likes this.
  9. SelfSufficientMe

SelfSufficientMe New Member Article Mgmt System EA Showcase EA

Thanks for this thread it's very helpful!
    I've changed my phrases but in regards to the last three Route Filters, I'm getting the following error "the replace route must start with a route prefix." Instead of "garage" my replacement is "rate-&-review" so I gather I need to add some prefix?

10. MattW

What have you entered for the Find Route value?

route_filter.PNG

11. SelfSufficientMe

Maybe it's because I didn't replace with a single word?

route change.jpg

12. Bob

you'd have to ask Mike, but I am pretty sure that & in a route is not going to work.

MattW likes this.
  13. MattW

I'd just remove the & and have the route as rate-review. As that route will become the URL, you shouldn't really be using & in there.

If you look at what adding an & to a node title does when using friendly URLs, XF removes the & and adds a - in there

Capture.PNG

14. SelfSufficientMe

Thank you very much Matt and Bob removing the "&" did it.

Now I've learnt another thing about URLs soon I'll be dangerous... ;)

Bob and MattW like this.
  15. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 New Member Showcase

This thread helped me, thanks. There's no auto way to replace Showcase with X right?

16. MattW

No, Bob did mention previously he was investigating a way to try and make the phrasing more dynamic.

Joe Link likes this.
  17. beanfan78

beanfan78 Member Article Mgmt System EA Showcase EA

I am trying to rename everything currently and when I went to phrases and searched for "showcase" I get 6806 results. Please tell me I don't have to go through that many files to change the name. Is this thread up to date for version 1.3.1? I want to make sure I do it right, but I am also hoping I don't have to clear a weekend to complete this task. TIA!

18. Bob

Showcase CURRENTLY (there will be more in this next versions) has 446 nflj_showcase_ phrases (those are ones that I create for the addon). XenForo itself also creates some phrases for various things like Options and Permissions, so there are a hand full of those as well. Out of the 446 self created phrases, 154 of them have the word 'showcase' in them. A lot of those are for the Admin CP in which you really shouldn't need to bother with. There are also phrases for XenPorta Blocks and BD Widgit Framework renderers, so if you don't use those, you won't have to bother with them.

Here is the list of current phrases:

19. beanfan78

beanfan78 Member Article Mgmt System EA Showcase EA

Thanks Bob, this will make it much easier on me to go through and rename. I appreciate the help and the list!

20. Bob

No problem :) Im sure 150 is a much better number to deal with than 6000 :D