• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented New layout for Picks Edit Page

dominic

Pick'em
I think the current layout works okay but for weeks with lots of games it can be difficult to see your choices. They don't jump out at you. As you can see the games and teams blend into one another and it can be hard to line up the dots on the right side with the team logos on the left.

7SbxJwC.png

My suggestion is only for the 'Edit Picks' page. I put this together in Photoshop. In order to make a pick, a user would click on either the left or right box with the team inside. The selected box would turn green to identify their selection. This is instantly more visible and easy to read.

pickem pic.png

Not sure how hard this would be to do but since the NFL season is over I thought I would leave a suggestion based off feedback from users and myself using it all this year.

Thanks

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll probably be making some tweaks, but not an overhaul until the next MAJOR version. I've got an entire list of things I want to change in regards to layouts, but I need a new base architecture in place before that can even happen.

I've created a new layout for the Picks Edit page that should be a bit easier for people to see their choices.

I went back to the Side vs Side layout vs the Stacked layout. I've added some JS that highlights the selected teams (also changes on 'on click' events when switching your picks). The selected team name will be bold black text and the non selected team name will be muted. There are 2 CSS classes that you can easily change the colors for if your color pallet doesn't work out of the box (most should) or if you want specific colors.

NOTE: This only applies to the Picks EDIT page.

Selection_741.png

Stupid question. My pickem has already started (obviously) this is just like updating any another add on, or XenForo for that matter, no picks, changes will be lost correct?

Thanks!

Stupid question. My pickem has already started (obviously) this is just like updating any another add on, or XenForo for that matter, no picks, changes will be lost correct?

Thanks!
Upgrading will not delete any existing data unless it needs to be explicitly removed because its not longer something that is being used and might cause a conflict (and this would most likely only happen during a 1st point release).

Upgrading will not effect a players picks.

Back