• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Article readability score and article quality score

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
This suggestion may require some brainstorming. The objective is to qualify articles that have been posted and that are being posted. And to identify bad quality articles.
We want quality text to be posted, but not garbage. And once posted we want to be able to identify those in order to delete or improve those.

Readability score is a metric that can be used to identify text quality that has existed for a long time and is used by some platforms. Its a basic metric.
It could be displayed as a stoplight color from green to orange to read. Readability: Bad, Poor, Medium, Good, Excellent
It would be nice to display this in the edit article page.

As we now have AI tools available and XF has API and webhooks, this offers opportunity to help article writers to create better articles and to identify low quality articles. Example:

Some things that would be interesting to me are:
  • Help authors improve readability by showing a readability score.
  • Identify articles with poor readability.
    We can then decide to delete these or to optimize them.
  • Ask authors and contributors to improve the readability if readability bad or poor.
Or even more advanced:
  • Improve articles with AI.
  • Suggest keywords to use.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unfortunately, this is a PAID API (and a very expensive one at that).

I don't feel comfortable adding such an expensive API as a core feature, so I've marked this as "Not planned" (at least for now).

btw, with XF developing a new RTE, something like this should wait until after that is released as editor integration will drastically change with the new editor.

Back