• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

How can I moderate items?

rhodes

AMS
Showcase
Hello,

I've just installed and configured showcase. Then I created my first item as xf admin (the superadmin).

I can see a message saying "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly." Unfortunately I cannot find a moderation list in my admin panel. Can you help?

Regards, rhodes

To be honest, the first thing I'd do is change the permissions for the Administrators group as there is absolutely no reason why you'd force yourself or other admins to create items as moderated.

As far as where they go? They go into the core xenforo moderation queue with everything else that is in moderation (threads, posts, etc). It is not located in the Admin CP, its located in the upper left area of all pages (only displays if you have permission to view at least 1 item that is in the queue).

In order to view showcase items in the Moderation Queue, you have to have 3 Showcase Moderator permissions (Edit items any, Delete items and Approve / un approve items). Same thing applies to showcase comments and showcase reviews (Edit comments any, Delete comments, Approve / un approve comments) (repeat for reviews). If you don't have the required permissions, those items, comments & reviews won't be visible to you in the moderation queue.

What needs to be set so the Showcase items do not go into the moderation queue? I don't want to have to moderate the Showcase items. Thanks

As shown in the image above, there are TWO "create" permissions. One is for being able to create items without going into moderation, the other is forcing new items into the moderation queue.

So, have read through this thread several times - I would like to have new user posts go into moderation, and have the permission set up accordingly. I made a test post, which entered moderation, however from my Admin account I don't see the moderation queue anywhere - typically it shows in the top left, with the red icon and # of moderation items.

I have checked the permissions and Admin has Yes everything permissions. Is there something I'm missing here?

If your user has all the required showcase moderator permissions, then there is no reason why you can't view the content (Showcase ITEM, Showcase COMMENT, Showcase COMMENT REPLY or Showcase REVIEW) in the Moderation Queue. Its permissions driven, so one missing permissions and you won't see the content.

This is what Showcase content looks like in the Moderation Queue.

Selection_879.png

Selection_880.png

If you are certain that you have some showcase content that is in the moderation queue and that you have the correct permissions, then the only think I can think of would be an addon conflict of some kind.

If you create me an Admin Account, I can login and verify all the settings as well as run a couple of quick tests. Start a convo with me and provide the details and we can discuss when a good time will be (later tonight or tomorrow works for me).

If your user has all the required showcase moderator permissions, then there is no reason why you can't view the content (Showcase ITEM, Showcase COMMENT, Showcase COMMENT REPLY or Showcase REVIEW) in the Moderation Queue. Its permissions driven, so one missing permissions and you won't see the content.

This is what Showcase content looks like in the Moderation Queue.

View attachment 4113

View attachment 4112

If you are certain that you have some showcase content that is in the moderation queue and that you have the correct permissions, then the only think I can think of would be an addon conflict of some kind.

If you create me an Admin Account, I can login and verify all the settings as well as run a couple of quick tests. Start a convo with me and provide the details and we can discuss when a good time will be (later tonight or tomorrow works for me).

I figured it out, thanks! Appears to have been a missing permission.

Back