• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved First time setup questions

Paulm

Pick'em
I'm setting up for first time. I just downloaded the latest version. In reading the Install/Config post and it mentions the default sports but there are none to choose from.
  1. so first question: is this a bug or a bad install and there should be some default sports?
  2. is there any way to upload teams and logos rather than one by one? there are over 350 NCAA teams in multiple sports.

so first question: is this a bug or a bad install and there should be some default sports?
Most likely some left over statements that pertain to the XF1 version of Pickem. There is no such thing as a "default" sport in the XF2 version of Pickem. Just click on [Create sport] on the Sport management page and add as many sports as you want to use with Pickem.

I'll remove that from the post. EDIT: I've updated the first post of that thread.

is there any way to upload teams and logos rather than one by one? there are over 350 NCAA teams in multiple sports.
There is nothing built in to do that. You could probably write a bulk uploader for the TEAM data, however, you have to use the Core XF Asset Uploader for the Sport/Team Logos (XF does not have a bulk uploader for that, so something custom would have to be written to handle that).

I might still have teams data for Div I FCS, but not Div I FBS (or at least not the full FBS). We don't use it for regular season, just bowl games and playoffs (FCS).

Last edited:
thanks for the quick reply Bob. I'm looking at the _xa_pkm_team table in the db and the xa_pkm_team_logos path where I believe team logos get stored. Could I write a script to populate records there in the db and point to image files that I upload in bulk to that path, for the logo_url field?

ASSETS are stored in the data/assets/ directory. Each Addon that has an asset uploader has its own KEY(s) which essentially is the name used for the directory.

Sport Logos are uploaded to: data/assets/xa_pkm_sport_logos/
Team Logos are uploaded: data/assets/xa_pkm_team_logos/ari-NFL.gif

The logo URL that is stored in the xf_xa_pkm_sport & xf_xa_pkm_team needs to be the ASSET path to the Sport or Team Logo... eg data/assets/xa_pkm_team_logos/ari-NFL.gif

You MIGHT be able to import team logos into the data/assets/xa_pkm_team_logos/ (as long as file permissions are correct), but you must make sure that the full asset path is stored in the logo_url fields for Team Logos (and Sport logos).

Hope that makes sense... I've never tried it, but it should be doable. The rest of the data can just be popped into the team table pretty straight forward.

Back