• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Xenforo Tag Pages - display Showcase results XFMG style

Optic

AMS Premium
When viewing all items for a given tag, Showcase items appear as follows:
e.g: http://xenaddons.com/tags/mustang/
(Showcase cover image appears in avatar box)
mustang-tags.png

I would like to see an option to restyle Showcase items on the Tag page appear like XFMG results do, like this:
e.g. http://xenaddons.com/tags/music/
(uploader/author appears in avatar box, media thumbnail appears below title)
music-tags.png

Reasons I would like to see this:
It would allow more flexible styling of the Tag results. As Showcase, XFMG and normal threads now use the core system, it would be easier to style all the results consistently. For example, to make all the thumbnails bigger in width. As it stands it's tricky to do as it would look strange resizing the avatar box - if the Showcase thumbnail was out of that avatar box then it makes it easier. Then I could hide all the avatar boxes.

I realise this suggestion may be a bit niche - would appreciate your thoughts though!

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This has been implemented.

I've been thinking about changing this for awhile now, so I figured since I had a few minutes today, I'd just knock this out really quickly and sneak it into the next maintenance update.

There are 3 possible layouts. An Item with a Cover Image, and Item without a cover image that has a Category Image or an Item with neither a cover image or category image.

Selection_300.png

NOTE: This affects both TAGS and Search Results (shared template). Also, there is a new CSS template associated with this (you can make direct edits to the CSS template as its only for Tags/Search results).

That's awesome, thank you @Bob - was going to get this custom developed, great to see it in Showcase core now. :)

Hi Bob will there be an option to not show the author avatar at all in the results? I actually preferred having the showcase items cover image displayed. Is it an easy template edit perhaps?

Hi Bob will there be an option to not show the author avatar at all in the results? I actually preferred having the showcase items cover image displayed. Is it an easy template edit perhaps?
option? NO. However, the OLD template would still work if you save it in a text file before the upgrade to SC 2.5.2 and then replace the new one with the old one. Doesn't get much easier than that ;)

Back