• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Tags, Tags System, Tag Cloud

jörg

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
hello bob,

is theire a chance, that we become a tagsystem for the showcase? i need tags on my database and it where so nice, if you can add a system for your showcase.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can't remember if this has been requested/rejected before or not, but it IS something that is on my whiteboard, so its stands a good chance at being added to the core addon.

For those of you that have been waiting for tags, this is pretty close to being ready for release (could be available in the next maintenance release if all goes well).

sneak peek/teaser...

Selection_056.png

This is the same page as above, cept you can see that I've filtered the results to only display items tagged with "1969" that have been "featured" and have the prefix "For Sale"
Selection_057.png

Last edited:
Some quick notes on this.

2 New Showcase User Permissions
  • Tag item by self
  • Max Tags per Item (integer setting)
1 New Showcase Moderator Permission
  • Tag items by anyone
There is a new TAB on the showcase options (Tag Options)
  • Automate 'Delete Empty Tags' functionality via CRON
  • Tag Page Item Layout Type
    • List View
    • Grid
  • Default Sort Order Tab
    • Most Recent
    • Top Rated
    • Most Popular
    • Latest Updates
    • Alphabetical
  • Maximum Tags in Tag Cloud
  • Max Tag Length
  • Tagged Items per page
Item Page Option
  • Display Tags: Quick Stats Block
    • When enabled, will display all tags associated with this item in the Quick Stats Block
  • Display Tags: Below Item Content
    • When enabled, will display all tags associated with this item below the item content.
  • You can chose to display in one location, both locations or neither.
Showcase Index, Category and Member Pages have the option to display a sidebar tag cloud. Each has the ability to set the Max amount of tags to display.

Tags can be added when creating the item (if the member has permission to tag item by self)

Tags can be added or removed when editing the item (if the member has permission to tag item by self OR the member has Moderator permission Tag items by anyone)

There is a Tags Management page in the Admin CP that will allow you to edit/delete any tag as well as remove all tags that are not associated with any content.

Last edited:
Hello @Bob B , I really like the way you have implemented the tags in Showcase.

Do you have any plans to allow us to further customise the tag cloud? Specifically I would love to see an option to reorder the tag cloud so the most recently applied tags show first.

Would also love to see an alternative list view of all tags in place of the full tag cloud page...

I would love to see an option to reorder the tag cloud so the most recently applied tags show first.

When you have time, can you start a new suggestion thread just for this one idea and explain it in more detail (to include if you are refering to the MAIN CLOUD PAGE or the Tag Cloud Sidebar Blocks). More details the better.

Would also love to see an alternative list view of all tags in place of the full tag cloud page...

I'll need you to create a suggestion thread for this as well along with MUCH more detail as I don't have a clue what you are asking for here.

Back