• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Sort System Options: Sort Interface Type

Bob

Developer
Staff member
One of the biggest complaints I've read from Users and Admins is the TABBED sorting interface that Showcase uses for its "LISTINGS" pages (mainly because of the way the tabs are stacked on narrow responsive view).

Starting with Showcase 2.4.0, you can now set a Sort Interface Type (Tabbed or Dropdown Select) as part of the Sort System Options.

Selection_958.png

As you can see in the above screen shot, I've chosen "Use Dropdown Select Sorting interface" which results in the Sort Tabs being removed and replaced by a "Sort Items" dropdown next to the Filters Dropdown. Also, to the far left is muted text that describes the current sort order.
Selection_959.png

Here is a screen shot of narrow responsive view which IMO is a much cleaner interface with the Sort Items and Filters Dropdown vs the Tabbed interface (see next shot) which is stacked and takes up a lot of room

Selection_960.png

This is the TABBED interface in Narrow Responsive which IMO takes up way to much real estate.

Selection_961.png

Upvote 3
well done.. never failed to impress me.

Is this available per category basis or just the main SC index page?

Is this available per category basis or just the main SC index page?

Its a single global option that effects ALL "LISTING" pages (Showcase Index, Showcase Categories, Showcase Member pages, Showcase Tag results pages, Showcase Field Search Results pages).

Back