• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Override the global default category sort options on a per category basis

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, the ability to override the default category sort options on a per category basis.

Category >> Category Page Options >> Category Sort Options: Override default category sort options

The override controls both the Sort Types and the Default Sort Order (when you over ride, you have to set both as the global settings are ignored).

In this scenario, I am overriding the global settings and only the 3 sort types I checked will be used for the Sort Tabs or Sort Dropdown for this category. I purposely set the default sort type to one of the sort types that isn't set

Selection_040.png

As you can see, the 3 sort types that are set for this category display in the Sort Items dropdown. Even tho I set the default order to be "Most Popular", that isn't one of the selected Sort Types, so the system automatically forces the default to "Most Recent" and will add the Most Recent Sort Type to the array if its not included). This ensures that there will always be at least 1 sort type even if you uncheck them all.

Selection_041.png

Here is a shot with Tabbed Sorting enabled.

Selection_042.png

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back