• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase limits (Max items per user) by User Groups

SnoSheriff

Showcase
It would be useful to be able to limit the max number of showcase items based on the User Groups.

For example,
  • Registered members group would get 1 garage space
  • Supporting Members group would get 3 garage spaces
  • Premium Members group would get 20 garage spaces
Thank you.

Upvote 0
This one I can say for sure will make it into the next scheduled maintenance release.

Most likely the end of the month (unless there is a critical bug, that would require a earlier release).

This has been implemented and will be available in the next release.

This has been implemented as a User Group permission.

This check is run when attempting to CREATE new items as well as determining whether or not to display the Create Item button. This does NOT prevent owners from owning more than a specific amount of items (ie if you reassign someone that has already reached their max create amount, it will still allow the reassign).

NOTE: Even tho there are Category Permissions, this is checked against the GLOBAL Showcase Count of a user. Showcase Counts are not stored per category, so you can't give users x items in Category Y, x items in Category Z and unlimted in category F (at least not in this version). Per Category Limits is a possibility in a future version.

NOTE 2: For this particular case, setting the count to 0 is the same as setting to unlimited (since there are "Create Items" permissions that are used to prevent items from being created at all as well as a category setting to prevent new items from being created in that category)

Selection_460.png

Last edited:
This does NOT prevent owners from owning more than a specific amount of items (ie if you reassign someone that has already reached their max create amount, it will still allow the reassign).
I'm not sure what this means.

What would be an example for using the "Create Items Moderated" feature?

It sounds great! Can't wait to try it out :)

Create Items = the Ability to create items.
Create Items Moderated = The Ability to create items, cept they go directly into the moderation queue for approval.

This is is a PRE CREATE Permission check only.

If you set your registered user group to Max Items per User to 5 and Joe User has 20 existing items, he simply won't be able to create any more, but he also won't loose 15 of the existing 20. You can also reassign Joe User any number of showcase items as the reassign function does not check to see how many items a user can create (since its not a "create" function).

Something to the permission "Max items per user"

After upgrade to 2.3 B3 on my live site the permission is so

showcase7.jpg

for all user groups.

With this i can do all things on showcase home, filter, sort, or other things, but not open any item. it happens nothing after a click on it.
At first i have to change it to "unlimited" or maybe "10" or something else.

I´ve tried it with an admin and an useraccount, it´s the same in all styles.

Just as an info for the other user of showcase.

This permissions for for CREATING ITEMS. It only effects the "Create Item" button. It doesn't effect anything else.

Maybe, but so it happens after the update.
The screen above, what does it mean?
Is "0" the same as "Unlimited" ?
Because with "0" a user can create a new item.

Maybe, but so it happens after the update.
The screen above, what does it mean?
Is "0" the same as "Unlimited" ?
Because with "0" a user can create a new item.

YES. 0 (ZERO) for that is treated the same as unlimited. That permission is not for preventing people to create ANY items. If you don't want people to create ANY items, you revoke the "Create Items" and "Create Items Moderated" permissions.

Back