• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Remove image above article?

CarpCharacin

AMS
Showcase
On XF1, all of the images in articles were inserted below the article, but when I upgraded to XF2, now the checkbox is set to display the image above the article, resulting in the image being displayed twice. Is there a way to disable the showing of the image above the article on all the older articles without having to go back and manually edit them all?

On XF1, all of the images in articles were inserted below the article
No, you had an option to display a Gallery (which is the collection of all image attachments uploaded to the article) in several different locations, one of which was "Overview Tab - below article". Own Tab was the default.

Selection_161.png

but when I upgraded to XF2, now the checkbox is set to display the image above the article
I think you are confusing two completely different functions. The Gallery (which is a collection of images) and the Cover Image (which is a single uploaded attachment designated as the "Cover Image" for the article) have different controls and options.

As for the Cover Image being displayed above the Article in AMS 2.x, This update did not SET/ENABLE/CHANGE the 'cover_image_header' field on existing articles, it just re-implemented the ability to set that option (the add/edit article forms had the option re-added to it) that has been in AMS for several years (it was used to display the cover image in the header, now its used to display the cover image above the article). If you have articles that are displaying the cover image above the article, that would be because those articles were set to display the cover image in the header for AMS 1.x and it carried over to AMS 2.x. There is no code in AMS 2.0.x that updates all articles and sets the 'cover_image_header' to 1 (enabled). Those would have been set at some point in AMS 1.x.

Selection_160.png
This is the per article setting that has been re-enabled to let each article author decide whether to display the cover image above the article or not.

Selection_162.png

Is there a way to disable the showing of the image above the article on all the older articles without having to go back and manually edit them all?
You can run this simple update statement to set the "Display cover image above article" option to disabled for ALL Legacy Articles (all articles that are currently in the system). Authors will be able to edit any of those and enable the option again if they want to and of course, any NEW articles will have what ever the Article Author decides to set.

Code:
UPDATE xf_xa_ams_article SET cover_image_header = 0;

Last edited:
Thanks, the query worked. What I meany by the images being inserted below the article is that they had been manually inserted into the article editor below the custom fields, and on XF1, it didn't display above the article in any of the articles, but when I upgraded to XF2, the cover image was displayed above the article, along with having been inserted into the article previously. I think the cover image might have been displayed on the right column of the article on XF1, but it definitely was never displayed ABOVE the article until after I upgraded to XF2.

Reactions: Bob
What I meany by the images being inserted below the article is that they had been manually inserted into the article editor below the custom fields, and on XF1, it didn't display above the article in any of the articles, but when I upgraded to XF2, the cover image was displayed above the article, along with having been inserted into the article previously.
Ah, ya, I can see why you'd want the Cover Image removed then (which is also why its a per article option in AMS 2.0).

Back