• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Multiple Authors

tonmo

AMS Premium
It would be great to be able to separate usernames with a "," in the Author field, so that more than one user could be assigned as owners of an article. The Phrase system could be dynamically updated to read "About the Authors" (plural vs singular). Notifying the Author(s) would obviously inform both users. Maybe it creates other tricky issues; perhaps "allow multiple authors" control via adminCP settings.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I completely understand that it would be NICE to have multiple authors, but XenForo itself (which AMS is tightly integrated with) is a single user system, so a content type can't have multiple user_ids associated with it.

What you could do that is create a custom field that you could add contributing authors to (just an idea).

Since we can't have multiple authors assigned to an item, is there a permissions way of letting people contribute to SC pages that they don't own?

Since we can't have multiple authors assigned to an item, is there a permissions way of letting people contribute to SC pages that they don't own?
You mean WIKI style where ANYONE with permission can edit? If so, I THINK that there is an existing suggestion for this (altho, it might be for Showcase and it might be posted at my private development site).

If you can't find it here, start a NEW suggestion thread and explain how you'd personally like it to work.

Reactions: sbj
You mean WIKI style where ANYONE with permission can edit? If so, I THINK that there is an existing suggestion for this (altho, it might be for Showcase and it might be posted at my private development site).

If you can't find it here, start a NEW suggestion thread and explain how you'd personally like it to work.
Yes, wiki-style.

There is this one suggestion for the XF1 version:
Implemented - Usergroup permission: can edit items by others

If I am not mistaken, for the XF2 there is a moderator permission called "edit any item", which would be basically the same as described above in that thread. But the XF1 version allowed to have it on a category basis, whereas for the XF2 version there are no category based permissions. Only global for all. So if I gave an user "edit any item", it could basically have access to all items and delete any content theoretically.

I will open a new suggestion then. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back