• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Leaderboard for Draw Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb1972

Pick'em
Does the scoring update as each result is entered or once all results for the week are entered?

I only ask as I have added three results today out of 8 and even though I have got each pick wrong I still have two points?

Is that right?

** Update **

Ok all 8 games have finished, I am using the Draw game type - I only got 2 correct however they system tells me I have 6 points, shouldnt it be 2 points?

Also in Game Management all the games that ended as draws are listed as pending, the ones with winners are showing the team that won - is this correct?

Thanks

Scoring is updated when each individual result is edited. Can you give me access to take a look at your Admin CP? Inbox me and I will have time this weekend. That's definately NOT right.

I have also just noticed I am missing the "pick & game distribution" lists in the right hand column -

As noted, those are only for the Normal and Spread Pools as they are not built to handle "draw" which is not a simple win or loss but has a 3rd variable (draw) that needs to come into play so it requires a totally different set of functions and templates. I've mentioned that I was going to come up with a seperate solution for the Draw Pools at some point (i've not even started on it yet, but will soon).

If you want to prove any input on how the Draw version of it looks and feels, now is the time.

As noted, those are only for the Normal and Spread Pools as they are not built to handle "draw" which is not a simple win or loss but has a 3rd variable (draw) that needs to come into play so it requires a totally different set of functions and templates. I've mentioned that I was going to come up with a seperate solution for the Draw Pools at some point (i've not even started on it yet, but will soon).

If you want to prove any input on how the Draw version of it looks and feels, now is the time.

Ok, well off the top off my head, An overall leader board in the side column on the leaderboard page would be good, at the moment you have to click through the weeks to see the overall totals.

Its not that you "have" to, its done that way on purpose so that you can go back in time during the season and see who the overall leader was at that point in time. To see the current overall leader, one just has to click on "Leaderboard" on the Nav menu which takes you to the current week (which has the current overall leaders). Some Money leagues (all of mine) have $ prizes based on the number of times an individual has held the "top spot" throughout the season. Its a critical feature for this.

The "BUG" effecting the Leaderboard for DRAW type pools has been isolated, fixed, tested and will be included with the next release.

To see the current overall leader, one just has to click on "Leaderboard" on the Nav menu which takes you to the current week (which has the current overall leaders).

Ahh ok that would be fine, but for me clicking on the leader board always defaults to week one, if it went straight to the current week that would be fine, mine however always goes to week 1 even though its closed and im now on week 3

Ahh ok that would be fine, but for me clicking on the leader board always defaults to week one, if it went straight to the current week that would be fine, mine however always goes to week 1 even though its closed and im now on week 3

That is because you have all 3 of your weeks set to "open" on the same day. The way you "should" do it is Start the next week the day following the end of the previous week. This way it will properly default to the most current week :D

Week 1 Start Date: 1 Aug - Stop Date: 6 Aug
Week 2 Start Date: 7 Aug - Stop Date: 16 Aug
Week 3 Start Date: 17 Aug - Stop Date: 26 Aug

Doing like the above will make it so that if you view the leaderboard during the week of 1-6 Aug, it will default to Week 1. Starting on 7 Aug, it will default to week 2 and then on the 17, it will default to week 3.

That is because you have all 3 of your weeks set to "open" on the same day. The way you "should" do it is Start the next week the day following the end of the previous week. This way it will properly default to the most current week :D

I see - ok its working as expected now - thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back