• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Updated Layout Type Options: Changes to Snippet Settings

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, I've made some changes to the Snippet settings on ALL of the Layout Type Options (includes slider options, modular layout, forum home, cta as well as normal options). This something that I've wanted to change for several years and is already implemented in RMS. It makes much more sense than the previous way of handling snippet settings!

This is what the previous/current Snippet settings look like. In order to show a "basic" unformatted snippet, you had to check 3 options. First you'd need to check the "Show Snippet", then you need to check "Strip BB Code" which would activate the "Use Unformated" option... not sure what I was thinking when I developed this, but its backwards!

Selection_645.png

This is what the NEW Snippet settings look like.

Selection_641.png

You now only have to click ONE option to get a "basic" unformatted snippet (which is what most people want/need/use).

Selection_642.png

For those that want more, the next logical step would be "Use Formatted Text Snippet" (which does things like preserves line breaks)

Selection_643.png

And for those that want even more, you can Parse BB Code in a Formatted Text Snippet.

Selection_644.png
This makes much more sense than the backwards way of doing it.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back