• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Google Maps integration

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, looking into possible integration with google maps. Please LIKE this if you are interested as well as provide some details on how you'd like to see google maps integrated (since there are a lot of different ways).

I need details from those of you that want to use this.

Had to bump this into SC 2.6.0 for a target release as I needed to get SC 2.5.0 released ASAP and didn't have time to finish this the way I wanted to.

I hope we are talking about enabling this on a per category basis.. because it is only one or 2 categories where we need this.. I believe any additional features henceforth should be on category basis to avoid rework... Showcase as a platform has expanded much beyond the original scope.. so more power to customize on category basis is the best way to go forward

Ditto for directories. Simply address fields which can be goelocated to coordinates to display map is probably easy. It's the field search integration by proximity that may be somewhat difficult to scope.

I wasn't sure if this was a feature yet. I didn't see it, confirmed it was not on the features list, then searched and found this thread. I actually have a need for this for the first time ever! I am excited, but I see that, that excitement will need to wait till 2.6.0. I am very excited...

Hi,

I would be awesome if a field be added in next updates, to let user be able to pin their location on map and be able to write something. And when user click on that pinT a pop up containing the content user wrote will be appeared.
We have a category to "Introduce Lawyers". We want to add a field and let them pin their office on map.

Regards

You can already do this with value display HTML. its a very powerful function.
Ad a field 'address' as a single line text box with an own tab. In Value display html enter this code:
Code:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb={$value}" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>
Make sure that your Google account has the correct Maps API activated.

Showcase does not have a maps display of all addresses in a category. This should be a new suggestion.

It works
But being able to pin manually will be better and more exact.
(But your guide was nice. Thanks)

Alright! Appreciated.
The way I prefer to have is:
  • We be able to add a field to a category, to let users choose their location.
  • Users will see a map and they can pin their location exactly where they want.
  • Users also will be able to write something there.
  • The result will be: a map that there is pin on it. and a bobble on the pin containing what user wrote.
  • We can set it to be appeared as own tab or one of 5 tabs or custom place.
  • For those categories in which there is map field, a place be added to show a map and all pins on it (a place to see all items's pinned location on map)

I am glad that YOU have your own ideas. So do other license holders (and SO DO I). I will implement suggestions the way I feel they should be implemented.
:D
Thanks.
Of course you know better ways.
Waiting for it.

I am creating a directory of businesses and showing their physical locations would be awesome. If it were possible to not just go individual, but also a map that shows all of them in a category would be incredible. I look forward to seeing an integration of Google Maps with Showcase. I love the addon already, but this would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: Bob
I am creating a directory of businesses and showing their physical locations would be awesome. If it were possible to not just go individual, but also a map that shows all of them in a category would be incredible. I look forward to seeing an integration of Google Maps with Showcase. I love the addon already, but this would be icing on the cake.
Google Maps will be available starting with Showcase 2.6.0 Beta 1

Back