• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Facebook sharer - og:image not showing up

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hey Bob, I just tested sharing an item on a FB page. The og:title, og:description and og:URL all worked, but the og:image did not show up in the share. I checked the source code and see the og:image tag filled in with the image URL, and checked that the image is valid. I realize you aren't FB support, but any ideas as to why the item image will not show up when shared on FB? Without the image the share isn't going to be very effective.

what version of Showcase? If its not SC 2.9.1, then that could be the problem as there have been server changes to the Social Sharing stuff as well as the Open Graph stuff.

That could be it, I'm still running 2.7.3 - even though I feel like I just upgraded yesterday.

That could be it, I'm still running 2.7.3 - even though I feel like I just upgraded yesterday.
SC 2.8.x and SC 2.9.x have changes made to both social sharing services and OG stuff. When XF updates it, so do I. Facebook has also been making a ton of changes which doesn't help as every time they do, they break something.

Back