• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Adjusting meta to match opengraph on facebook?

beaker

AMS Premium
Hi,

Love the addon! Just a question about the meta. I have AMS set up as my homepage. When I share my main site link on facebook, it's exactly how I want it. I added some og for facebook. It pulls a good title, image and description of the website. But I notice outside of facebook when other systems scrape my primary domain I end up with:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 12.58.25 AM.png

Instead of my site name and what not. Do I have any options here, where at the least I can change "Articles" to Site name and "Articles Index" to "Home". Open to suggestions. Thanks!

where at the least I can change "Articles" to Site name
For this one, you'll need to edit a template (easy edit).

Template: xa_ams_index (or xa_ams_index_modular if using Modular Index).

FIND (line 1):
Code:
<xf:title page="{$page}">{{ phrase('xa_ams_articles') }}</xf:title>

REPLACE THIS (this is xf template syntax that calls a specific phrase):
Code:
{{ phrase('xa_ams_articles') }}

WITH:

Either a custom phrase
Code:
<xf:title page="{$page}">{{ phrase('your_custom_phrase') }}</xf:title>

Or raw text
Code:
<xf:title page="{$page}">Some Raw Text</xf:title>

I think I'm close.. it still seems to be scraping "Articles" from somewhere after doing the edit:

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 3.53.29 PM.png

Could the "Articles" text be coming from here?

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 3.58.38 PM.png

Strangely I can't edit the word "Articles" it won't allow me. Anyway, will wait to see what you think. Or maybe my change is cached and taking a bit to kick in.

Thanks!

Last issue was, I notice with proper access, users have the "Add Article" button and that is fine. However for unregistered who do not have access to create an article, the button is gone but there is a decent sized gap of whitespace.

One option is I remove that button all together and put "Add Article" link in the subnav bar. Whatever the solution, I might need some code as I am not much of a coder. Thanks for the stellar support!

Strangely I can't edit the word "Articles" it won't allow me. Anyway, will wait to see what you think. Or maybe my change is cached and taking a bit to kick in.
Ya, you can't edit the title of a navigation element directly, you need to edit the PHRASE for that specific navigation element (Navigation phrases are prefixed by 'nav.'.

Filter the Phrase Listing by 'nav.xa_ams' and look for the phrase 'nav.xa_ams'.

Selection_770.png

Selection_771.png

Last issue was, I notice with proper access, users have the "Add Article" button and that is fine. However for unregistered who do not have access to create an article, the button is gone but there is a decent sized gap of whitespace.
That area is controlled by Core XF (its a special area just for buttons). I'd have to see (actually see the site, not a screen shot) so I can see if the STYLE is not properly handling that (inbox me privately).

Back