• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Use the "description" box from article as a "bubble"/headline in articles listing/widgets and more.

palhanow

AMS
Hello Bob!

Can i keep giving the feedback for you with suggestions that I think can improve the AMS?

So, I'm using in my modular page with a lot of good widgets to keep the page real dynamic. Is beautiful to see how my users are loving AMS. For real. People are giving me "congratulations" for implementing a new and professional look.

I noticed that when we post a article, we have two "description" boxes, right? One just for description and another for meta.

I'm using a lot the meta description box (i share everything on social networks) and is really nice to see the meta description with some image.

But the "blank" description box doesn't seen to be used anywhere.

So, my suggestion is, why not use this description box (or another) for the bubble content? Like a headline?

Because in the articles listing/widgets, they show some of the content (with the limit in AMS options) and is going to be even better using like a headline.

Hope you like it.

Ah, taking advantage of this thread, another thing to show to you, i don't know if is a suggestion or feature improvement:

- When we create Series, we can set a image as a icon, very nice option too.

But when we share the link of the series, the icon doesn't now show up, just showing the logo from the website in social networks.

And talking about that, another feature improvement:

- Creating Pages is another great feature from AMS and i cannot live without it anymore.

But when we set a image for the first page, all the other pages repeat the same image as featured image.

There is a possibility to choose individually (for each page) a image?

Thanks for all your service Bob and i hope that you enjoy it!

Can i keep giving the feedback for you with suggestions that I think can improve the AMS?
Of course :) You can post as many suggestion threads as you want to, just please keep it to a single suggestion per thread as each individual suggestion gets considered and tracked individually.

I'll respond to your questions tonight after dinner :)

I noticed that when we post a article, we have two "description" boxes, right? One just for description and another for meta.

I'm using a lot the meta description box (i share everything on social networks) and is really nice to see the meta description with some image.

But the "blank" description box doesn't seen to be used anywhere.

So, my suggestion is, why not use this description box (or another) for the bubble content? Like a headline?
Meta Description is ONLY for Search Engines, its not displayed anywhere. If a Meta Description is filled in, that is what will be set as the Page Meta Description. If it is left blank, the system will check to see if the Description field has data, and if it does, it will use that, if not, it will generate a snippet from the text of the article.

Description is also optional and is only displayed on Grid View Layout and List View layout (and as explained above, if is set and no meta description is set, it uses that as the meta description.

If you'd like to see some enhancements made to the usage of the Description field, please start a suggestion thread in the suggestion forum (please one suggestion per suggestion thread).

- When we create Series, we can set a image as a icon, very nice option too.

But when we share the link of the series, the icon doesn't now show up, just showing the logo from the website in social networks.
Series Icons are SMALL ICONS. They are not a largish cover image, so Facebook and Twitter would reject them as they are well below their minimum required size. IIRC, there is an existing suggestion for this at my private development site posted by a Premium license holder, however, please feel free to create a suggestion here about this issue as its one that I'd most likely consider making some enhancements too.

- Creating Pages is another great feature from AMS and i cannot live without it anymore.

But when we set a image for the first page, all the other pages repeat the same image as featured image.

There is a possibility to choose individually (for each page) a image?
The Cover image applies to the ARTICLE as a whole (whether there are pages or not).

With that said, I might add a conditional that makes it so that the cover image that is set to display above the article (which is a per article setting) only displays if the viewing user is viewing the overview of the article (or if viewing the full article if an article has multiple pages).

Again, if you want to see any changes, tweaks, enhancements, please start a suggestion thread about this as each suggestion is tracked individually.

Back