• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Do SC & AMS custom fields lend themselves for calculations?

Alpha1

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
I would like to set up custom fields for SC & AMS in such a way that I can pull all kinds of statistics from it.
For example if we have custom fields so that members can fill in their car type and the number of miles that they have on their car, then we could create statistics on the average, min/max number of miles for each car type.

Such calculations would be of great value to my community.
Would something like this be possible?
Do SC & AMS lend themselves for such calculations? Or would this imply problematic queries?

See: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ucture-approach-for-storing-properties.92908/

That is really useful. And yeah I am planning custom development for this. Quite a bit.

Im guessing that its going to be a bit more easy in XF2.0 as well (from the hint bombs for developers that have been dropped)

I guess I will be using XF1.4 for at least a year. I cant imagine we will see addons catching up to XF2 before then.

Back