• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Do "Tag Essentials" work for AMS articles?

maplegt88

AMS
hello
Do "Tag Essentials" addon support AMS articles?

The author reply me that:
I have no idea. But taking a guess, AMS is just a way of displaying content, right? When threads are created, it uses Xenforo’s standard system? If so, then it matters not what type of thread it is and tag essentials should work as normal.

I highly doubt it as to support ANY other content types besides threads, would be a MASSIVE amount of work and I doubt the owner of that addon will want to pay the Developer of that Addon (which I believe is Xon), to basically do everything that is being done for threads, for content types A, B, C, D, E, F (100s).

The Addon would literally have to add code to extend each individual addon that has 1 or more Tag Handlers (AMS has 2). There is no SHORT CUT, it would have to be done on a per addon basis. Xon does this in other addons of his, but its limited to HIS addons and maybe XFMG and XFRM. He knows how much work is involved, we've talked about it for years (like adding support for his Multi-Prefix addon into AMS... that is a TON of work).

The author reply me that:
I have no idea.
You'd need to ask the actual DEVELOPER of the addon, which I believe is Xon. Xon would know the answer. The add-on would have to build in support for each individual content type that they want to support and it would be a hell of a lot of work. It doesn't appear to have support for either XFMG or XFRM either, which would take the same exact amount of work to implement for those as it would AMS (or any addon that implements tag handlers for content types in a given addon).

One of the content type handlers for XenForo is Tag. This abstract handler allows ANY content type to implement a Tag Handler. XenForo implements a Tag Handler for the content type 'thread'. XFRM implements a Tag Handler for the content type 'resource'. XFMG implements a Tag Handler for the content type 'xfmg_media', AMS implements multiple Tag Handers one for AMS content type 'ams_article' and one for AMS content type 'ams_series'. AMS implements Tag Handlers using the Abstract Tag Hander, just like Threads do.

What that tags addon is doing is enhancing functionality to THREADS, not to ALL content types, just THREADS.

Anyway, give Xon a shout via DM at XenForo's support site (include me in the DM as well if you want) :)

Please do let Stuart Wright know that you are interested in the implementation. Do Send him a message on xenforo.com or post in the support thread and tag him.

Please do let Stuart Wright know that you are interested in the implementation. Do Send him a message on xenforo.com or post in the support thread and tag him.
Contact Xon. Xon is the developer, Xon knows how much work is involved, Xon knows how much he'd charge to do the development and to lock himself into providing support for it. If Xon doesn't want to do it, Xon doesn't want to do it. It would take the same amount of work to do AMS as it did for him to do XFRM.

Last edited:
Back