• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Custom Fields for Price & Sold

PaulaG

AMS
Showcase
UBS Premium
We're looking to add a Price and also some sort of Sold indicator to each Showcase item that would be visible on the item title. We'd also like to have some way the user can mark the item as sold without having to go into Edit.

I can see how to set a text field; can I define a format for the Price field, such as adding a leading $?

I can also see that I can create a SOLD Prefix. Can I create a way to click on Mark Item Sold similar to Mark Read that would set the Prefix without having to go into Edit?

Last edited:
We'd also like to have some way the user can mark the item as sold without having to go into Edit.
That would not be possible without custom development. To SET prefixes or custom fields for an item, the content owner must be able to EDIT the item (otherwise, they'd have to report the item and ask a Moderator to edit the item to change a custom field setting or a prefix).

I can see how to set a text field; can I define a format for the Price field, such as adding a leading $?
Yes, that is what the "Value display HTML" output feature (located under "General options" for each custom field) can be used for. Its a handy feature :)

I can also see that I can create a SOLD Prefix. Can I create a way to click on Mark Item Sold similar to Mark Read that would set the Prefix without having to go into Edit?
Something like that would be possible via custom development. It would be a good 'beginner" level customization for someone learning how to work within the XF framework. Might just be easier to let the owner of the item be able to edit the item and set the prefix to sold.

We have a way for sellers to mark an item as sold on our current VB forum with adds a SOLD prefix to the Item title but they have to go into Edit to do so, and 75% don't do bother (it's done by selecting an Action from a drop down, not intuitive to the casual user). Instead most just add a comment post to the item saying Sold which is basically more work and useless because it doesn't create a clear indicator up front. So what I'd like to do be able to add the SOLD prefix to an item with the click of a highly visible button. Sounds like a dev project for me.

We have a way for sellers to mark an item as sold on our current VB forum with adds a SOLD prefix to the Item title but they have to go into Edit to do so, and 75% don't do bother (it's done by selecting an Action from a drop down, not intuitive to the casual user). Instead most just add a comment post to the item saying Sold which is basically more work and useless because it doesn't create a clear indicator up front. So what I'd like to do be able to add the SOLD prefix to an item with the click of a highly visible button. Sounds like a dev project for me.
With your experience, you should be able to knock it out without much trouble (getting familiar with the framework will be the overhead).

You are planning on using the Discussion Thread integration for these items as well? If so, then you should probably create a SOLD prefix to use on threads as well and then have the function set both the ITEM Prefix to sold and the THREAD prefix to SOLD.

Back