• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Convert Post to Review

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, you can now convert a Post to a Review that is within an associated discussion thread.

When viewing a discussion thread that is associated with a showcase item and that showcase item is in a category that allows reviews, moderators with the Forum Moderator Permissions: permission "Showcase: Convert Post to Review" will see a link in the private controls that allows them to convert a given post to a review for the Item the thread is associated with.

Selection_282.png

Since I have the required moderator permission, I can see the link in the private controls for posts within associated discussion threads. This post is a prime candidate for being converted into a review.

Selection_283.png

When I click on the link, I am taken to an input form. The review TITLE and review MESSAGE are prefilled in based on data from the Post (which you can modify to your needs). Its basically the standard "create review", so it has all of the custom review fields, image uploading etc.

Selection_284.png

Selection_285.png

When you submit the Review, a new review is created based on data from the Post (user info, create date info, likes, post attachments etc) and the Input form (stuff that the moderator inputs).

Selection_286.png

The Post is then updated with a replacement message that links to the review.
Selection_287.png

NOTE: Posts that contain IMAGE attachments will have those attachments converted to the Review during POST SAVE operations. These will be in addition to any new image uploads that the moderator adds.

NOTE 2: Posts that contain LIKES will have those converted to the review during POST SAVE operations.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back