• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Another Help Question

AbnVet

Showcase
Im sorry to be such a pain. As I get further along I run into more things.

I am using xenporta and I have been able to get promoted showcases block to work properly however I cannot get the recent showcase block to work. I have posted screenshots for your review. Could you please advise1.png2.png

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 0
Edit the block, make sure the category is selected (actually click on it) and save the block again (this will clear cache).

not sure what the heck would cause it then. IF that category is NOT selected (which it LOOKS like it is NOT in the screen shot), then no items will be queried. That is why I asked you to EDIT it AGAIN, click on the category and save (AGAIN).

Next step is giving me access to your DB so that I can verify that the category values are being set in the XenPorta tables (you asked about other lingering issues because of permissions, this could be one of them).

There is nothing wrong with the block itself (it hasn't change in 2 years). If there was a problem with the block itself, it would be a problem for everyone, so it comes down to 2 things. either the category is NOT selected (makes the most sense) or there are some lingering permissions issues still from when you moved things around yesterday.

Back