• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Layout customization help

Sadiq6210

Showcase
Question: Is it possible for us to restore old grid layout by replacing some files and templates? I mean I can install SC3.1.6 in our offline/test forum and copy the old templates/files from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8 until you add the new layout. We really don't need any of 3.17/3.1.8 new features and we can wait for long time if we back to 3.1.6 layout

Kindly note that I am not asking for official support (I know you cannot provide support to do this which looks like a downgrade), however, we want to know as you are the coder of this addon and from you experience, is that even possible? if yes, any hint for the file name and template? we can try.

Appreciate your understanding for our situation

Is it possible for us to restore old grid layout by replacing some files and templates?
If you know what you are doing, YES, its possible however, it would require more than copying templates from one version to another version. it would require A LOT of customization (and it would effect the ability to upgrade to future versions).

You'd be better off having someone (like Ehren or Russ or Steve) design you a nice looking grid by modifying List View layout (similar to what Ehren has done for the XFRM).

Back