• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Changes in the Grid View effected our use case for the layout... please help!

Sadiq6210

Showcase
OMG :( this thread is like a nightmare for our website

My bad I didn't read it before upgraded to 3.1.7, otherwise, we would never leave 3.1.6 forever.
Please @Bob, any chance to add SC3.1.6 grid view? call it grid viewII or whatever you will call it
It is the only view fit with our website

I am even thinking to restore the backup but we will loose the data for yesterday :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
any chance to add SC3.1.6 grid view? call it grid viewII or whatever you will call it
As I mentioned to you in private, I have plans to implement at least 1 more "grid" based layout type called "News view". That layout type should work perfectly for your use case :)

In the mean time, I'd suggest using List view until then as that would look better for your use case than using Grid view (altho, Tile view might work OK as a temp solution).

Thanks @Bob, happy to know our favorite grid view will back. You made my day.
We informed our users this is just a temporary view and we will back to the previous view soon.

Cannot wait until we get SC3.1.8 :)

@Bob I want to confirm if the old grid layout has been restored in 3.1.8?
No. I have no plans (or desire) to restore that layout (as that wasn't designed by me). I only plan on using layouts that I design (or Russ or Steve from Pixel Exit designs) from now on.

As I mentioned to you both privately and in this thread, I do have plans to design (w/Russ) and implement at least 1 more "grid based" layout type called which will most likely be named "News view". I suggested that this new layout could work for you as a replacement to the old grid view. I really don't have a time frame for this as it requires coordination with Russ (and both of us are very busy). I doubt it will be anytime soon (most likely SC 3.2.X vs SC 3.1.X). I'll be sure to TAG you tho when I do have any news.

Note: As mentioned above, that old grid layout wasn't even one of my designs, it was designed by Ehren from XenFocus for use in customizing the XFRM's layout from a List layout (which is basically what Showcase List View layout is) into a Grid layout. I didn't even have Ehrens consent to use it within Showcase (even tho he said anyone could use his code) which is another major reason why it was removed (the other major reason was having to support someone else's code). If you really want that exact layout, then you could try and contact Ehren and see if he could provide some customization services for you (and then you would have him available to provide support for it if things change in XF or Showcase).

Note 2: If neither of those options work for you, you can always contact @Russ or @Qwk86gn (Steve) from Pixel Exit and see if they can help you with a custom layout type (Russ has done several custom layout types for Showcase and AMS as well as a couple other of my CMS types addons). ThemeHouse has also done a fair bit of customization for both Showcase and AMS as well.

I have plans to implement at least 1 more "grid" based layout type called "News view". That layout type should work perfectly for your use case :)

In the mean time, I'd suggest using List view until then as that would look better for your use case than using Grid view
Cannot wait until we get SC3.1.8 :)

I thought that new layout (news view) will come in 3.1.8 and we were waiting for it :( unfortunately

No. I have no plans (or desire) to restore that layout (as that wasn't designed by me). I only plan on using layouts that I design (or Russ or Steve from Pixel Exit designs) from now on.

As I mentioned to you both privately and in this thread, I do have plans to design (w/Russ) and implement at least 1 more "grid based" layout type called which will most likely be named "News view". I suggested that this new layout could work for you as a replacement to the old grid view. I really don't have a time frame for this as it requires coordination with Russ (and both of us are very busy). I doubt it will be anytime soon (most likely SC 3.2.X vs SC 3.1.X). I'll be sure to TAG you tho when I do have any news.

Note: As mentioned above, that old grid layout wasn't even one of my designs, it was designed by Ehren from XenFocus for use in customizing the XFRM's layout from a List layout (which is basically what Showcase List View layout is) into a Grid layout. I didn't even have Ehrens consent to use it within Showcase (even tho he said anyone could use his code) which is another major reason why it was removed (the other major reason was having to support someone else's code). If you really want that exact layout, then you could try and contact Ehren and see if he could provide some customization services for you (and then you would have him available to provide support for it if things change in XF or Showcase).

Note 2: If neither of those options work for you, you can always contact @Russ or @Qwk86gn (Steve) from Pixel Exit and see if they can help you with a custom layout type (Russ has done several custom layout types for Showcase and AMS as well as a couple other of my CMS types addons). ThemeHouse has also done a fair bit of customization for both Showcase and AMS as well.

Thanks for the detailed reply, we were preferring to have it in SC itself to avoid any future issues that may happen as the designer may not provide future support for it. I will contact designers to see if they can help.

EDIT: Moved customization question to own thread in Showcase Support Forum.

Appreciate your understanding for our situation

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that new layout (news view) will come in 3.1.8
I don't mention features that have not been developed yet, being included in a specific release. I never said that I was going to implement a new layout type in Showcase 3.1.8 (I would never say something like that), I simply stated that I had plans to add another layout type (this means down the road sometime in a future version of Showcase).

Back