• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Some customization help

Sunka

Showcase
Could you help me with this things:

How to change name on button Attach files to something else, only on Showcase pages? I did that in xf1 version in showcase template, but in this new showcase for xf2 I can not find.

Also, is it possible that text (description) below section is html parsed? That was case on Showcase for xf1, but in Showcase for xf2 html not parsed (nor bbcode).

1.png

How to add more space between custom fields and bold at least names of custom fields (in showcase item page and also in thread view). Where to change that things in Showcase templates?

showcase.png thread.png

How to change name on button Attach files to something else, only on Showcase pages? I did that in xf1 version in showcase template, but in this new showcase for xf2 I can not find.
I am using Core XF attachment macros for this (as required), so that would be a bit tricky. I don't really have a good answer right now (at least not one that wouldn't take me several hours to write up a lengthy programming 101 type walk through that I'd not recommend in the first place).

Also, is it possible that text (description) below section is html parsed? That was case on Showcase for xf1, but in Showcase for xf2 html not parsed (nor bbcode).
I'd have to look into it. Might be as easy as adding |raw to the template variable. You are talking about on the Add/Edit forms right?

How to add more space between custom fields

Add this to Extra.less and adjust the margin and padding to your liking (these are the default settings). Note, you might need to use !important on them to ensure overriding (only do that if the settings don't take).
Code:
.itemBody-fields.itemBody-fields--header {
    margin-top: 12px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 0px;
}

How to bold at least names of custom fields (in showcase item page and also in thread view). Where to change that things in Showcase templates?
Core XF LESS (CSS) Controls the Custom Fields output. It would probably be best to get LESS/CSS advice on this one from an expert (I get mine from people like Steve and Russ from Pixel Exit and Mike from Themehouse). Those guys forgot more about LESS(CSS) than I will ever know. I don't want to screw up your site by guessing (I am a Programmer, not a designer, I know my place and giving CSS advice is not my place lol)

Add this to Extra.less and adjust the margin and padding to your liking (these are the default settings). Note, you might need to use !important on them to ensure overriding (only do that if the settings don't take).
Code:
.itemBody-fields.itemBody-fields--header {
margin-top: 12px;
padding-top: 10px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
}

I mean to space between custom fields ;)
I manage that with this:
Code:
.pairs.pairs--columns.pairs--fixedSmall
{
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Core XF LESS (CSS) Controls the Custom Fields output. It would probably be best to get LESS/CSS advice on this one from an expert (I get mine from people like Steve and Russ from Pixel Exit and Mike from Themehouse). Those guys forgot more about LESS(CSS) than I will ever know. I don't want to screw up your site by guessing (I am a Programmer, not a designer, I know my place and giving CSS advice is not my place lol)
I manage that with this one:

Code:
.pairs.pairs--columns.pairs--fixedSmall>dt
{
    color: #052f10;
    font-weight: 550;
}

@Bob
Just few more questions.

In v3 of Showcase, there is no option to replace Post thread button in forum view to automatically open Showcase Add item page like we have in showcase 2 version?

Widgets - any chance to add random x Items, not just lastest?

I have situation that latest items are old, and I ad widget for latest items, but link (View more...) on bottom of widget navigate to /whats-new/showcase-items/?skip=1
How to change that to default showcase page or some showcase category page? Because of no new showcase items, above link is useless.

How to not show "Additional content settings and options" below last section when adding new item IF we have not any additional options or settings (like location)

04-02-23.png

How to move field Tags more to bottom (below custom fields) on add item page. Also, any chance to have disable/enable description row on add item page (second field by default, below tags field) per category?

In v3 of Showcase, there is no option to replace Post thread button in forum view to automatically open Showcase Add item page like we have in showcase 2 version?
No, that was removed (on purpose). If you want something like that, you'll have to do some custom development.

I have situation that latest items are old, and I ad widget for latest items, but link (View more...) on bottom of widget navigate to /whats-new/showcase-items/?skip=1
How to change that to default showcase page or some showcase category page? Because of no new showcase items, above link is useless.
You'd need to modify the template for the Widget Definition. All the Widget templates are prefixed "xa_sc_widget_"

How to not show "Additional content settings and options" below last section when adding new item IF we have not any additional options or settings (like location)
You'd have to edit the template and remove it. There are A LOT of different things that display below that, you can't wrap it with a conditional (you'll see when you edit the template what I am talking about).

How to move field Tags more to bottom (below custom fields) on add item page.
Edit the template and move the block of code for tags lower in the template. That particular block of code can be moved up or down (they are just stacks of blocks of code for the most part). Just don't move it INTO another block of code.

Aany chance to have disable/enable description row on add item page (second field by default, below tags field) per category?
No, I won't be adding options to turn everything on and off, however, its not a required field, so if you don't want that input on your forms, just edit the Add and Edit templates and remove (or comment out) the line of code calling the description macro. Probably best to use xf:comment vs removing it

Any chance to have html parsed in description text?

View attachment 5132

I'd have to look into it. Might be as easy as adding |raw to the template variable. You are talking about on the Add/Edit forms right?

I think so.

On your page, it will be this section:

View attachment 5156

Have you tried this? Edit the template and add |raw and that should work.
Tried but still no parsed (see below, added |raw at category.description_s1)

template: xa_sc_category_add_item

Code:
<xf:macro template="xa_sc_item_edit_macros" name="message"
                arg-item="{$item}"
                arg-message="{$item.message_}"
                arg-attachmentData="{$attachmentData}"
                arg-label="{$category.title_s1}"
                arg-description="{$category.description_s1|raw}"
                arg-showAttachmentRequired="{{ true }}"    />

No, that will not work. You have to edit the MACROS themselves (there are 2 of them).

Edit the template: xa_sc_item_edit_macros

There are TWO macros that you are going to have to edit ('message' and 'message_section')

Find the explain for the 'message' macro and add pipe raw to it...

Code:
{$description|raw}

Selection_552.png

Find the explain for the 'message_section' macro and add pipe raw to it...

Code:
{$description|raw}

Selection_553.png

Here is what the input explain looks like currently if you add HTML (as its not parsed).

Selection_554.png

And here is what it looks like after applying the |raw to the description output.

Selection_555.png

NOTE: I've update the MACRO's to include this, so that you won't have to do a template edit in the future. Could be months tho before another update.

Back