• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Option to REVIEW item during create item process

kontrabass

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
I've removed as much as I can the "ownership" aspect of items, because in a gear review database it doesn't make sense for any one person to have ownership status of a piece of gear that 100's of folks have.

That said, "Author ratings" also are useless to us.

Therefore, along with having option for "author ratings" during create item process, can we also have option to submit a full review on the create item page (pros, cons, review fields, and review summary)? It'll make the page rather long, but will be useful for us. Even with instructions all over for folks to "create first, review later!", we still have users putting their review in an item field :(

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
OK, keep in mind that this is a MULTI use addon and not every option or functionality is meant for everyone. Take for example, the Author Rating. That is for those that DO want the ITEM to actually be "THE REVIEW".. ie cnet.com style reviews. This is VERY important to 100's of license holders and I can't just drop it. I AM going to be adding more OPTIONS so that the "Author Rating" can be disabled for those that don't want to use it (it won't be on the ITEM input form).

can we also have option to submit a full review on the create item page
No. The ITEM create/edit form is only for the ITEM itself. The only thing I might be willing to look into is a redirect that would take the author to the review form after the item is created (which I'd have an option that they could select to NOT redirect in case they don't want to do a user review right away). That with the ability to disable the "Author Review" should work almost the same.

OK, keep in mind that this is a MULTI use addon and not every option or functionality is meant for everyone. Take for example, the Author Rating. That is for those that DO want the ITEM to actually be "THE REVIEW".. ie cnet.com style reviews. This is VERY important to 100's of license holders and I can't just drop it. I AM going to be adding more OPTIONS so that the "Author Rating" can be disabled for those that don't want to use it (it won't be on the ITEM input form).

No. The ITEM create/edit form is only for the ITEM itself. The only thing I might be willing to look into is a redirect that would take the author to the review form after the item is created (which I'd have an option that they could select to NOT redirect in case they don't want to do a user review right away). That with the ability to disable the "Author Review" should work almost the same.

Ok fair enough :) No problem with the Author Review - I simply commented it out in the create item template. Perfect for us now. I don't have any issues with the functionality, just was wondering about adding review during create item. I have a field "Other Specifications" and have had a couple users use that to put their review in :confused: I also have comments enabled, and have users putting their review in a comment.

But I think I have both situations under control. I added some text to the comment pre-fill to dissuade reviews, and espeically with the ability to add a "review" button in 2.4 I think we'll be all set.

Close this one out! :)

Reactions: Bob
Back