• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Insert (embed) Showcase Item into a Post

Bob

Developer
Staff member
Similar to the popular XFMG feature that allows members to embed media/ablums into a post

I've added the ability to embed Showcase Items into a post.

Here are a couple screen shots ...

In this shot, you can see that there is a new button (if the viewing user has appropriate permissions and you've added it to the toolbar(s)). When hovering over the button, it tells the viewing user that the button does.

Important Note: You will need to add the Showcase embed Button to the Tool Bars via the "BB code button manager" just like you have to do for XFMG.

Selection_031.png

I made this as close as possible to how XFMG embeds work so that its familiar with those that have and use XFMG. Clicking on the button will launch an overlay that initially loads the "Your items" tab with any showcase items that the viewing user owns. The amount of items loaded is based on your "Items per page" options setting. In this shot, I have mine set at 5 items per page so that I can show you that if you have more items, there will be a "more..." button that when clicked on, will load more items. You can also click on "Others items" to get a listing of other members showcase items (same as XFMG).

Selection_999(160).png

To select an item (or multiple items), simply click on the TITLE. As you can see here, I've selected 1 item

Selection_036.png

Click the "Continue" button and it will add the BB Code to the editor.

Selection_032.png

Its always a good idea to hit "Preview", just to make sure it will load (as shown below).

Selection_033.png

And this is what an embedded Showcase item will look like. Its roughly the same layout as search results with some additional meta data like star ratings, comments etc (which are all dynamic).

Selection_034.png

As mentioned, these are embeds (live embeds), not static text added to the post. As you can see, since we last view the post with the embed, there are 2 new comments and a new review (which effected the star rating).

Selection_035.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-6_12-48-25.gif
    upload_2019-6-6_12-48-25.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 11
Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back