• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

XF 2.0 Version of Showcase - progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Riley

AMS Premium
SC Premium
How’s progress coming on an XF 2 compatible version of Showcase and the Article Manager. I’m in the process of planning a new BBQ forum. These apps would be a great fit for a recipie section and Article section for users.

AMS 2.0 is currently in Alpha Testing and should move into Beta testing within the next week or so. You can see AMS 2.0.0 Alpha 5 here: Articles

Showcase 3.0 is in the later stages of initial development and is really close to starting the Alpha Testing phase.

I’m in the process of planning a new BBQ forum.
You might want to consider UBS (User Blogs System) as well. This would allow your members to create their own cooking blogs and you can also create blogs and set them to "Community Blogs" which all members can post to.

@Bob will be present all features of 1.x version? (so layout type and so on)
No. The XF2 version of UBS, Showcase, AMS and RMS are different than their XF1 versions. Detailed information about each addon will be posted in the appropriate support forum for the addon when time permits :)

@Bob Why did you removed layout?
You asked me if ALL features of the UBS 1.x version would be included with UBS 2.0 and the answer to that question is No. I don't have the time to list each individual permission, option, category setting, function etc from UBS 1.x that will also be in UBS 2.x. That would take away valuable development time which is crucial in making sure these addons get released before the end of the year.

FWIW, the XF2 versions of all my addons are NOT "feature parity" versions of the XF1 addons. They are completely re written from scratch. All of them have some similar features that the XF1 versions had, however, for the most part, they are completely different overall (ON PURPOSE).

And if someone ask you some features to insert, as paid, are you available?
I still have several Addons that I developed for XF1 that I have to develop for XF2. Once all of those are finished, I will have more available time to considering taking on some paid customization work. Probably won't be for at least another year tho as some of the addons that I have yet to work on take 3-5 months (or more) to develop.

@Bob Yes but at least one orientation? Because I'll explain what my problem is. I would like to upgrade to version 2 of Xenforo. Now, a speech is if many months are left, another matter is if there are a couple of weeks left, a maximum of one month.
In the second hypothesis, I pass definitely to Xenforo 2. In the first, I stay with Xenforo 1.

if there are a couple of weeks left, a maximum of one month.
When I post an announcement that a Release Candidate version of an addon is available, that is when you can start thinking to yourself "Weeks away from Stable". Beta = Months away from stable (specially for a Major Release).

Beta testing just started, which means that the Addons will go through several Beta and RC versions before being declared Stable. This process alone (for 1 addon) takes at least 2 months. Example: Beta 1 >> Beta 2 >> Beta 3 >> RC 1 >> RC 2 >> RC 3 >> Stable. If there was 1 week between those releases, that would take 6 weeks minimum to complete. Being that these are Major Versions (First point releases), the process will probably be at least 6 beta's minimum. Also, its not a given that there is 1 week between each release, that's just a best case example scenario.

With these large scale addons, "When its ready" is the only answer that I am going to give to the general question "When will it be available".

@Bob So for stable versions, do you expect more or less a couple of months of time? I know that my questions bore you and I understand and I'm sorry. Put yourself however also in my shoes and do not bring me resentment for this.

Showcase 3.0.0 is about to start private BETA testing. It is a Major Version, so the Beta to Stable process takes a minimum of 2 Months (and could easily take longer). Showcase 3.0.0 will be declared stable when its ready to be declared stable and not before then.

AMS 2.0.0 is currently in private BETA testing. It is a Major Version, so the Beta to Stable process takes a minimum of 2 Months (and could easily take longer). AMS 2.0.0 will be declared stable when its ready to be declared stable and not before then.

UBS 2.0.0 is currently in private BETA testing. It is a Major Version, so the Beta to Stable process takes a minimum of 2 Months (and could easily take longer). UBS 2.0.0 will be declared stable when its ready to be declared stable and not before then.

With these large scale addons, "when its ready" is the only answer that I am going to give to the general question "When will "Addon Version X" be available".

This thread is now closed as the OP's question has been answered along with some more detailed information about the status of Showcase, AMS and UBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back