• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented xenPorta Blocks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Marking this "Open for Discussion" to both gather who is interested and what kinda things are people wanting. I don't use it myself, so I know absolutely nothing about it (just being dead honest). If there are enough licensed owners interested in this, then I will figure out what I need to do to make a few blocks for it.

Would be pretty neat if I got it right that showcase should have a displayable box on the XenPorta Portal, is it meant like this? :)

Would be pretty neat if I got it right that showcase should have a displayable box on the XenPorta Portal, is it meant like this? :)

I guess? Like I said, I don't know how it works, cause I don't use it. Never have installed it, so I have no idea what it can and can not do, nor do I have any idea how to write integration for it. Its something I'd have to figure out once I have an idea of things that people might want. My best guess would be similar stuff to what I've done for the [bd] widget framework.

Guys, until you post any suggestions, I won't be doing anything with this. I need to know what people want. I am NOT going to guess, so take some time and explain (in detail) what you want.

Ok, here is just a quick list of things what could make a good widget/block (I am not only talking about xenporta but the blocks in the showcase too, just to make that clear):
  • Top 5/10 of the best showcase items with the number of likes, rating or most viewed (could be possible to split these to multiple ones). Furthermore the external site with the most active members could merge with the already existing box too, I don't really see the need of this beeing a whole site (maybe the headline of the box could be a link to that site and the navigation bar link gets disabled)
  • the already existing sidebar blocks could geht XenPorta friendly (Top Contributors, ...)
  • same with the "search an item" page, could be a simple search box too.
  • Newest comments (not only of one item, but any item that is in the showcase)
  • (includes the newest comments idea) an activity block where all activities within the showcase are mentioned, e.g. "XY has commented on ItemXY" or "XY created the new itemXY in CategoryX"
  • random or most recent images in the showcase as a block, so there is like a small gallery in the sidebar showing some (minatures) of images within the item galleries.
These were some ideas that came to my mind. I am not really demanding all of them, but I this were the things that I thought could go great with the system.
:)
Greetings from Germany,
Mathis ;)

The following XenPorta sidebar Blocks have been completed:
  • Tabbed Items
  • Featured Items
  • Top Rated Items
  • Most Popular Items
  • Recent Items

NOTE: These are all small width sidebar blocks only. They are not built for Center Content.

sc_xenporta_blocks.png

Nice! But, that would still have been in the blocks thumbnails of items...

Image Focused Blocks are up next. I am only going to do a couple. basic ones tho. More advanced blocks/Widgets are going to be per paid request only as they just take way to much time to build and maintain.

I mean not a new block. It would be even cool if next to the names items was just little picture. That would be much more attractive. Like in the block Recent Winners. imho :)

Attachments

• 2314231.jpg
    2314231.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

I just purchased this last week, and its great but I really need a way to show the recent pics on the center of my homepage.

This is what I use for my recent videos for Xenmedio, and it would be great if I could have a block that just shows the
most recent pics that have been added to showcase.

I don't have a problem paying for this as a Paid request, I just really need a Xporta center block that looks like something below on the index.

Is this possible and how much, Thank you

Untitled-1.png

As I mentioned 2 posts up, Imaged Focused Blocks are up next. One of them IS a center block for XenPorta. The planned module looks similar to the blocks for the Main Landing page for showcase itself (Large image, some text, rating/views and will link to the showcase item). These will be available with the next release of showcase, which will be mid Jan time frame. If you can't wait until then, I will have to require it be a paid custom request. A block like this will be around $25 USD as long as its given back to the community. Just shoot me an inbox if you need something ASAP.

Just wanted to give a shoutout to davespanzer (http://addons.nfljunkies.com/members/davespanzer.311/) for donating the new XenPorta Showcase Images Block back to the community. The new module will be included with the next release of showcase, but you can grab it now via this post.

This new Block is a CENTER block and is similar to the Modules on the Showcase Home page (cept that its more configurable).

Block Options:

Title: Custom Title for the block so you don't have to edit a phrase when you want to change the block type.
Block Type: You can choose the type of block you want to be configured... Most Recent, Most Popular, Top Rated or Featured
Number of Images: You can set the amount of images you want to display
Content: Choose the content of the image block. You can have just the image displayed or you can choose to have the title or description or rating/views (or a combo).

This block has its own template and its own CSS file, so you can customize it to your wildest dreams without effecting other blocks on the page or any showcase modules/layouts..

Here are a few screen shots of what you can do...

sc_xenporta_images_block_admin.png

sc_xenporta_images_block_1.png

sc_xenporta_images_block_2.png

sc_xenporta_images_block_3.png

sc_xenporta_images_block_4.png

Attachments

• sc_xenporta_images_block_5.png
    sc_xenporta_images_block_5.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 6
  • XenPorta_Block_Showcase_Images.zip
    4 KB · Views: 5
does this allow you or can be added feature if no, the ablity to choose what images show per category?

Ultimately I want to be able to have Nested Categories with example:

Online Gaming
- Game Name
- Xenporta blog specific to that category with it's own page I setup with xenforo for various sections and have showcase gallery so only screenshots specific to that xenporta block for that category or sub category. Does that make sense?

The ability to show how many images based on if it's side block or center etc which I'm assuming you have in as I haven't had a chance to test this yet.

no, currently all blocks and widgets pull globally as the methods do not support passing in an array of category IDs to formulate a where clause. This is something that probably happen until a much later version of the core addon. Until then, the only way to do it is to write separate methods that are only used for Blocks and Widgets that you can pass in category information.

The block 1 post above is only for the CENTER column only. All the other blocks are sidebar blocks only. I can't spend a ton of time on doing blocks and widgets for other peoples addons, so I make a few that people can use to build their own. You should be able to make your own very easy based on the ones I've already made :)

Back