• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Using Showcase as a Trade area

DaveM

Showcase
I am wanting to use some categories in my Showcase for a trade section (By & Sell).

So I just need a bit of advice from those that know more about Showcase than what I do. Once a member lists an item either for sale or looking for I would like to find an easy way for them to mark their item as sold or found ones it has run it's course.

Some way that will be easy for all to see what the status is of the listed item.

I am wanting to use some categories in my Showcase for a trade section (By & Sell).

So I just need a bit of advice from those that know more about Showcase than what I do. Once a member lists an item either for sale or looking for I would like to find an easy way for them to mark their item as sold or found ones it has run it's course.

Some way that will be easy for all to see what the status is of the listed item.
The easiest way would be to use Showcase Item Prefixes (For Sale, Sold, Wanted, Found, For Trade, Closed etc).

Another way is to use Custom Item Fields. Each Field has an option to be displayed on listing pages, which would be ideal for this use case as you would certainly want to display that on both the item itself and on the various listing pages.

Both of those are EASY to do.

If that doesn't work, I do have a Classifieds Addon. Its a private addon, however, I do sell a limited amount of license for it. Please contact me privately for more information if you are interested (but definitely see if you can work things out with SC first ;) )

Back