• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Upgrade to XF2

gazhyde

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi Bob,

It's been quite a while! I'm just looking at upgrade to XF2, and have a couple of questions.

I'm looking at moving my Xenzine articles (finally!!) in to AMS (thank goodness you have an importer!), is it best to install AMS and convert them over before I upgrade to XF2, or does it not matter?

Also with Showcase, I'm on 2.5.0 - does that need any updates before moving to XF 2.0?

Cheers, Gaz

Reactions: Bob
Good to see you!

I'm looking at moving my Xenzine articles (finally!!) in to AMS (thank goodness you have an importer!), is it best to install AMS and convert them over before I upgrade to XF2, or does it not matter?
Yes, you'll need to install AMS 1.x (latest XF1 version) and do the Xenzine >> AMS convert while you are still running XF1 (as the XF2 version of AMS does not have the Xenzine importer). Its been awhile since anyone has used it, so let me know if you run into any issues so I can help you get those resolved quickly!

Also with Showcase, I'm on 2.5.0 - does that need any updates before moving to XF 2.0?
Since you are still on XF1, it would be best if you upgraded Showcase to the latest XF1 version (IIRC, its SC 2.9.x) before upgrading to XF2. You don't have to, but it would be best as that way, the XF2 upgrades are only dealing with XF2 stuff vs any XF1 legacy upgrade steps.

I know you know this, but back things up first in case you need to do a roll back and contact me if you need help (shoot me an inbox here or at XF.com).

-B

Thanks for the quick response Bob and confirming the way forward! I’ll sort the licenses out when I get home later, and then find some tinkering time.

Reactions: Bob
Back