• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved LinkableInterface not found (tried to upgrade showcase 3.2.0 to XF 2.1)

rcull

SC Premium
I tried to upgrade from 3.1.6 This a.m., and somehow got a 500 error after uploading files. The problem may not have been related to the upload, but I did not check the sight before the upload, so I don't know.

Anyway all is well right now, I may have a missmatch of showcase files after uploading the old files. But, I thought I would ask opinions before I mess around with my mess...:)

I am currently generating an error:
[30-Sep-2020 14:01:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Interface 'XF\Entity\LinkableInterface' not found in /home/teambuic/public_html/community/src/addons/XenAddons/Showcase/Entity/Item.php on line 83
[30-Sep-2020 14:01:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Interface 'XF\Entity\LinkableInterface' not found in /home/teambuic/public_html/community/src/addons/XenAddons/Showcase/Entity/Category.php on line 46

Should I upload the files again and do the upgrade as usual, or should this error be addressed first, or maybe the upgrade will solve it....

Thanks

What version of XF are you running?

Looks like you are trying to upgrade Showcase to SC 3.2.0 (which requires XF 2.2.0) to an older version of XF (like XF 2.1.x).

I expect, 2.1.10-Patch-2. But now I see there is an upgrade to 2.2.0 available.
Showcase 3.2.0 requires XF 2.2.0. Im not even sure how you've managed to bypass the XF requirement check for upgrading Showcase to SC 3.2.0 (it should have thrown an error telling you that it requires XF 2.2.0).

Have you just uploaded the Showcase 3.2.0 files to the server and have not yet run the showcase upgrade?

After reading your first post again, it seems like you've only uploaded the files and not attempted to run the upgrade.

You'll need to upgrade to XF 2.2 first, then you'll be able to upgrade to SC 3.2.0. Those errors are being thrown because the LinkableInterface Entity is something new in XF 2.2.0

I have uploaded the files, then discovered the 500 crash, assumed it was the upload for no good reason (the site could have been down for hours before I uploaded anything). So, I uploaded the old files.
So who knows where I am! Other than a in a confused mess:(

The site is up, who knows why it went down, or why it is back up!

If left to my own demise, I suspect I should upgrade Xenforo, then upgrade showcase?!#@$%...

Thanks for your guidance!

If left to my own demise, I suspect I should upgrade Xenforo, then upgrade showcase?!#@$%...

Well, you do have other options. You can download the latest XF 2.1 version of Showcase (SC 3.1.14), then upload those files that would overwrite the SC 3.2.0 files you uploaded. Then run the Showcase Upgrade to SC 3.1.14.

Selection_564.png

That way you don't have to upgrade to XF 2.2 until you are ready. After you upgrade to XF 2.2, then you can download the latest XF 2.2. version of Showcase (SC 3.2.0) and upgrade Showcase to SC 3.2.0).

Does that make sense?

Back