• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Question in regards to Upgrade Instructions

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Here are your upgrade instructions:

Step 1: Disable the showcase addon
Step 2: Unpack/Extract the contents of the Zip file.
Step 3: Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
Step 4: Upgrade Add-on in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Step 5: re enable the showcase addon
Step 6: Perform all of the post upgraded steps listed below

-----------------------------

Post Upgrade Steps (run these prior to re enabling showcase

Step 1a: Go to Showcase Options (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Options) and SAVE! This will stop any errors pertaining to options from being thrown.

Step 1b: Check ALL of the Showcase Options (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Options). There are a couple NEW options and options that have changed. At the minimum, double check and SAVE regardless if you changed anything (so it sets the new options)

Step 2: Edit ALL of your categories making sure ALL of the settings/options are CORRECT. SAVE (regardless if you changed anything) to make sure the new options are set in cache)

Step 3: Run all of the Showcase Rebuilds (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Rebuilds)

Step 4: TEST and make sure everything is functioning as it should. Once satisfied, re enable showcase.

NOTE: There are numerous template changes with this new version (as expected). If something is not displaying correctly, you may need to revert the template and then reapply any customizations (as some merges may not work).

How can I go to and do the above steps prior to re-enabling Showcase? I'm confused. There are no Showcase options if the addon isn't turned on.

Step 3: Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
THEN do step 6 and ignore the parts that I forgot to remove that mention re enablbing.

Step 1a: Go to Showcase Options (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Options) and SAVE! This will stop any errors pertaining to options from being thrown.

Step 1b: Check ALL of the Showcase Options (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Options). There are a couple NEW options and options that have changed. At the minimum, double check and SAVE regardless if you changed anything (so it sets the new options)

Step 2: Edit ALL of your categories making sure ALL of the settings/options are CORRECT. SAVE (regardless if you changed anything) to make sure the new options are set in cache)

Step 3: Run all of the Showcase Rebuilds (ACP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Showcase Rebuilds)

Step 4: TEST and make sure everything is functioning as it should. Once satisfied, re enable showcase.

NOTE: There are numerous template changes with this new version (as expected). If something is not displaying correctly, you may need to revert the template and then reapply any customizations (as some merges may not work).

THEN do step 6 and ignore the parts that I forgot to remove that mention re enablbing.

That's what I thought and that's what I've been doing. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an On / off switch within Showcase that I blind to.

That's what I thought and that's what I've been doing. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an On / off switch within Showcase that I blind to.
You really don't NEED to disable, I just suggest it because if you don't and people are on the site, the error logs will fill up fast (specially if its a Major Update).

You really don't NEED to disable, I just suggest it because if you don't and people are on the site, the error logs will fill up fast (specially if its a Major Update).
I'm assuming "Closing the Board" for maintenance in the main XF settings will accomplish same goal then?

not really, because admins can still navigate the site and they can click on addon related links that would throw errors.

Well in that case it'll work fine for me.... no other admins. :)

Back