• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Update picks notice

loslobos1

Pick'em
I want to suggest something.

Already configured logos, teams, team nicknames for European soccer matches with weekly scheduled. Now forum users joining pool.Almost all asked same question'' We picked matches then click update picks but doesnt inform that your picks updated. So they are not sure aprroved picks or not. I also test and it doesnt. It would be better if notice display when click update picks.

upload_2019-8-21_20-38-54.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I can do something like this, which is similar to how Core XF does it for features like batch updates to show a "success" notice.

Selection_519.png

btw, your picks highlight color is very faint (I can barely even notice it from the image). You might want to add some CSS to Extra.css to force a slightly darker color so there is a bit more contrast between the teams they picked and the ones they did not pick.

HTML:
.picks .highlight {background: #D3D3D3;}

I can do something like this, which is similar to how Core XF does it for features like batch updates to show a "success" notice.

View attachment 5829

btw, your picks highlight color is very faint (I can barely even notice it from the image). You might want to add some CSS to Extra.css to force a slightly darker color so there is a bit more contrast between the teams they picked and the ones they did not pick.

HTML:
.picks .highlight {background: #D3D3D3;}
Exactly that i want this notice what you show up.

I will add this css code tomorrow :)

Thanks for responce.

Bob i updated 2.1.4 pickem but still same. Doesnt show Success update notice.

Last edited:
Does the URL have &success=1 appended to it after hitting "Update picks"? If NOT, then that would explain it. If its appended, then the next thing would be checking for outdated templates along with inspecting the page to see if there is any CSS that is blocking the display of the success message.

Its working fine on all my sites (and my members love it), so it has to be something simple like an outdated template or cached files.

Does the URL have &success=1 appended to it after hitting "Update picks"?
This is what the URL should look like after clicking on "Update picks"... That URL param is what is sent to the controller to tell the controller that the update was a success and to display the notice.

Selection_562.png

Last edited:
Does the URL have &success=1 appended to it after hitting "Update picks"? If NOT, then that would explain it. If its appended, then the next thing would be checking for outdated templates along with inspecting the page to see if there is any CSS that is blocking the display of the success message.

Its working fine on all my sites (and my members love it), so it has to be something simple like an outdated template or cached files.
upload_2019-8-30_18-56-26.png

Url ending with success

Probably some css codes block. I will test them.

I found some errors

upload_2019-8-30_19-4-4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those would be caused by OUTDATED templates or improperly merged templates. The template function 'pkm_sport_thumbnail' was REPLACED with the template function 'pkm_sport_icon'.

Those would be caused by OUTDATED templates or improperly merged templates. The template function 'pkm_sport_thumbnail' was REPLACED with the template function 'pkm_sport_icon'.
I added styles/pickem/logos some svg logos. Maybe causedthese errors? Then i see svg doesnt display. They still in this folder.

upload_2019-8-30_19-18-37.png

No, those ERRORS you posted above are caused by outdated templates on your site that still contain OLD template code that is calling a function that is no longer used. Those template helpers are attempting to call a function that is no longer in Pickem (the function was removed). There is a NEW function and the templates SHOULD have been updated when you upgraded. If there was a non mergable conflict, it would not update the template and would mark the template as OUTDATED (letting you know that the addon has made changes and that the templates is outdated.

Those errors will continue until you fix the outdated template(s). The template that would be outdated (or incorrectly merged is 'xa_pkm_pool_list_macros'. Check to see if that template is outdated.

You can do a template search on the term 'pkm_sport_thumbnail' (without the ' marks). That will tell you any templates on your site that are outdated and contain that function which has been removed.

This would also explain why the success message isn't displaying, as you most likely have an outdated template.

I added styles/pickem/logos some svg logos. Then i see svg doesnt display.

I don't use SVG images, so I am not sure why they wouldn't display. If you start a conversation with me and attach a couple of the SVG images, I can do some testing. I've used SVG images for Category Icons before without any issues tho.

My GUESS is that these issues you are having are do to outdated templates. If you give me an Admin CP login, I can look at the templates and see where the issues are.

Back