• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Top Breadcrumb not being used, need create button

davespanzer

Showcase
Hi,

I needed to disable my top breadcrumb, but now I don't have a create button in Showcase.

Could you help me with the edits to have the "create" inline with the the tab links, example below.

It doesn't have to be a button, it can just be the word "create"

Untitled-1.png

I took a look at the edits, and I could add some thing to the "nflj_showcase_tab_links"

But I could not get the Class callToAction OverlayTrigger to work just with the words "Create"

Never mind I fixed my problem. I gave it one last shot and I got it.

This is what I changed my Template nflj_showcase_tab_links, to have.

Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">

<li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=showcase_item'}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_search_items}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'showcase-category'}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_tab_link_categories}</a></li>
    <li><a href="{xen:link 'showcase-member'}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_tab_link_members}</a></li>
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
        <li><a href="{xen:link 'showcase-member',$visitor}">{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_tab_link_your_items}</a></li>
        <li><a href="{xen:link showcase-category/select-cat}" class="OverlayTrigger"><span>{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_create_new_item}</a></li>

</xen:if>

</ul>

I'm about to hit 1 month using Xenforo in a few days, so I'm a noob, is that ok Bob.

Thanks

Its better if you wrap it with a permissions check like this, that way it will only display to users that you set the permission "Create Item or Create Items Moderated"

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.nfljsc.createItem} || {$visitor.permissions.nfljsc.createItemModerated}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link showcase-category/select-cat}" class="OverlayTrigger"><span>{xen:phrase nflj_showcase_create_new_item}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Hey dave.... slight change to make note of... I forgot to add in the or for the other type of create permission (create Item Moderated).. so modify with the changed code I provided above..

Back