• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Thread > Article doesn't move discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benFF

AMS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
TLDR: Converting a thread to an article should also move the discussion thread to the forum set in "Automatically create thread in forum".

Longer:

If you use the "Convert thread to article" option AND the article category you are converting the thread into has a value for "Automatically create thread in forum" - then I would expect the discussion thread to be moved into that forum after conversion has taken place.

I did wonder if this was intentional - however I believe it's a bug - as if once the thread has been converted to an article and you then move the article to a different AMS category (which also has "Automatically create thread in forum") - then the discussion thread will also be moved to the aforementioned forum.

This also affects Showcase.

I've moved this out of the bug reports forum as a feature that you want, that does not exist, is NOT a bug.

You are more than welcome to post a suggestion at Area 51 (better chance of it getting considered posting there), however, its probably not something I'd consider anytime soon (probably not until AMS 2.3.x). Just letting you know in case you want to pursue custom development on your own :)

I'm not sure I would agree though, as the behaviour is inconsistent.

If you move an article from one category to another, it will also move the discussion thread - so it obviously does want to match them up. Going from a thread > article is also "moving category", so the same behaviour should be triggered.

If the reasoning was someone might not want to move the thread, then it also shouldn't move the thread if AMS category is changed.

Thread > Article = Don't move discussion
Article > New Category = Move discussion

Again...
You are more than welcome to post a suggestion at Area 51 (better chance of it getting considered posting there), however, its probably not something I'd consider anytime soon (probably not until AMS 2.3.x). Just letting you know in case you want to pursue custom development on your own :)

This isn't up for debate. Either post a suggestion or pursue custom development.

btw, read your inbox at A51 for a simple file edit solution ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back