• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Answered Cannot Link To Direct Article? Goes to Discussion Instead?

KensonPlays

AMS Premium
LD Premium
UBS Premium
I'm trying to pass a url to the article tab, not discussion tab. For some reason, in my route filters (i have a bunch), I cannot figure out how to link to the article itself, and not discussion thread.

I want say: https://example.com/path-of-titans-dinosaur-list to go to the ARTICLE, not the Discussion thread. How is this achieved? I am getting really aggravated trying to link to the article and NOT the discussion thread.

It was a second Route Filter conflicting with the first. I really wish XF's ACP would tell me if there's a conflict in route filters, TBH.

Last edited:
Solution
The route to an AMS Article is no different than a route to a Discussion Thread. the route to a Resource a route to a Media Item etc etc etc..

The route to a Discussion Thread uses the route threads and the route params title and thread_id

The route to a Resource Item uses the route resources and the route params title and resource_id

The route to a Media Item uses the route media and the route params title and meadi_id

The route to a an AMS Article uses the route ams and the route params title and article_id

If your goal is to create a route filter for a specific article, that is doable and is done in the same way that you can do it for a single...
The route to an AMS Article is no different than a route to a Discussion Thread. the route to a Resource a route to a Media Item etc etc etc..

The route to a Discussion Thread uses the route threads and the route params title and thread_id

The route to a Resource Item uses the route resources and the route params title and resource_id

The route to a Media Item uses the route media and the route params title and meadi_id

The route to a an AMS Article uses the route ams and the route params title and article_id

If your goal is to create a route filter for a specific article, that is doable and is done in the same way that you can do it for a single thread, single resource, single media item etc. There is quite a bit of information on this at XenForo.com.

Also, any route filter that can be done for Threads, Resources and Media Items, can be done for ANY Content Type that has a route.

Another to check, any route filters have to use the default route, you can not create a route filter using another route filter. eg, if you created a filter to change the default route ams to something like articles, you can NOT use the route articles in another route filter, you have to always use the actual route ams. This is not an AMS thing, its how the Route Filter System works.

Hope that at least points you in the right direction :)

PS... when asking for Route Fitler help, post screenshots of the route fitler(s) that you are trying to create.

Solution
Yea, things can be extremely confusing for me. I have a disability that makes learning new things hard, so I need detailed tutorials & guides, etc, to make sense of things.

Back