1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Sort comments

Discussion in 'Showcase Closed Suggestions' started by Sadiq6210, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Sadiq6210

Sadiq6210 Member Showcase

Hi,

I want to change the default "sort comments" to be "Newest to oldest", there was option in SC2 but that option was removed in SC3, therefore, I paid for a developer to create a separate addon for me (it is attached).

upload_2020-11-23_14-40-26.png

Now, the addon developer is not responding to make sure the addon will work in XF2.2 and we want to upgrade our forum from XF2.1 to XF2.2 and before renew our SC license:

1. Is there any option added in SC3.2 related to "sort comments"?
    2. If no, can I suggest to add option in admincp to choose the default comments sort?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I have no plans to implement comment sorting in Showcase.

Id contact TickTackk at xf support site and see if he'd be interested in developing an addon for you. He's really good, fast and his pricing is reasonable.

3. Sadiq6210

Sadiq6210 Member Showcase

Thanks Bob

Do you think the attached addon for SC3.1 will work in SC 3.2?

4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I don't see why not. If it was developed for SC 3.1, it should work with SC 3.2. I've not made any changes to the comments system that would have anything to do with sorting. The only new comments related feature is implementing the "Write before register" handler.

Sadiq6210 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.