• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Sort comments

Sadiq6210

Showcase
Hi,

I want to change the default "sort comments" to be "Newest to oldest", there was option in SC2 but that option was removed in SC3, therefore, I paid for a developer to create a separate addon for me (it is attached).

upload_2020-11-23_14-40-26.png

Now, the addon developer is not responding to make sure the addon will work in XF2.2 and we want to upgrade our forum from XF2.1 to XF2.2 and before renew our SC license:

1. Is there any option added in SC3.2 related to "sort comments"?
2. If no, can I suggest to add option in admincp to choose the default comments sort?

Thanks

Attachments

• AwesomeForo-ShowCaseEXT-2.0.0 (2).zip
    22 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have no plans to implement comment sorting in Showcase.

Id contact TickTackk at xf support site and see if he'd be interested in developing an addon for you. He's really good, fast and his pricing is reasonable.

Thanks Bob

Do you think the attached addon for SC3.1 will work in SC 3.2?
I don't see why not. If it was developed for SC 3.1, it should work with SC 3.2. I've not made any changes to the comments system that would have anything to do with sorting. The only new comments related feature is implementing the "Write before register" handler.

Back