• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Some questions about SC3

Sadiq6210

Showcase
Hello,

Sorry to ask many questions but I am testing the SC3 for live update

1. How can I sort "Comments"? by default I want to display new comment first instead of old, moreover, there was option in SC2 for user to sort comments.
upload_2019-1-5_23-16-44.png

2. Latest comments widget appears only in main page, if I enter a category there will be only category widget unlike SC2.

3. How can I hide signature from comments? Should I do it from template?

4. Is it possible to disable "Location" feature?

Thanks for your support

How can I sort "Comments"?
You can't. The comments system in SC 3.0 is the same as the comments system for XFMG (which also does not have sorting) for standardization purposes. This follows the same behavior of discussion threads (on purpose for standardization). You can make a suggestion, however, I doubt I will be making any changes here.

2. Latest comments widget appears only in main page, if I enter a category there will be only category widget unlike SC2.
Showcase includes a couple "Pre Created" widgets (just like XFMG and XFRM also add a couple of pre created widgets). I add 3 pre created widgets to Showcase Index (Latest Comments, Latest Reviews and Statistics). The Widget System is designed for YOU to create the widgets that YOU want/need and place them where YOU want/need them. You can edit the existing Latest Comments Widget and add it to other locations OR you can create another "Latest Comments" widget using the Showcase Latest Comments Widget Definition.

3. How can I hide signature from comments? Should I do it from template?
template: xa_sc_comment_macros
find this (appox line 157) and either remove it or comment it out
Code:
<xf:macro template="message_macros" name="signature" arg-user="{$comment.User}" />

Is it possible to disable "Location" feature?
Yes, it is a Per Category option.

Selection_966.png

You can't. The comments system in SC 3.0 is the same as the comments system for XFMG (which also does not have sorting) for standardization purposes. This follows the same behavior of discussion threads (on purpose for standardization). You can make a suggestion, however, I doubt I will be making any changes here.
Thanks for the clarification Bob, I can totally understand ypur concern regarding standardization
We can manage without comments sorting menu, but at least we need option in Admincp to change the default comments sort from Ascending to Descending (New comment first), if this is also not possible, then we need your advise to change our default comments sort to Descending (Maybe you can advise us how to do it? which file we have to modify?).

This is critical issue for us and we cannot upgrade before find a solution for it. We have some comments from 2012 even before we moved from vBulletin and it is not practical to display old comments first and leave the updated comments in the last page.

Showcase includes a couple "Pre Created" widgets (just like XFMG and XFRM also add a couple of pre created widgets). I add 3 pre created widgets to Showcase Index (Latest Comments, Latest Reviews and Statistics). The Widget System is designed for YOU to create the widgets that YOU want/need and place them where YOU want/need them. You can edit the existing Latest Comments Widget and add it to other locations OR you can create another "Latest Comments" widget using the Showcase Latest Comments Widget Definition.
Yes I got it, but in SC2 if you enter category-A then you will get the latest comments for Category-A only, so for each category the latest comments widget will be different in content. In SC3 the latest comments widget is the same and not considering which category you are exploring. In SC2 it was more dynamic

template: xa_sc_comment_macros
find this (appox line 157) and either remove it or comment it out
Done. Thanks for support

Yes, it is a Per Category option.
Done for all categories using SQL query. Thanks for support

Showcase has never had any widgets built into it until XF2. Showcase did have some [bd] Widget Framework Renderers, however, I never pre-created any and used them within Showcase out of the box.

Maybe you are talking about Sidebar Blocks (which are NOT widgets). Sidebar blocks are programmed to a specific action within a specific controller. I don't have many of those in XF2 versions of my addons (on purpose). The plan is to utilize the XF2 Widget System for things like that from this point forward.

As for the current Latest Comments Widget Definition being used to create a widget to be placed on Showcase Category pages so that it only pulls comments from that Category and its children, that could probably be enhanced similar to the XFRM Top Resources Widget Definition. There is already an existing suggestion for this (by premium members at my private development site). I wouldn't waste any money having a custom widget definition made as this is probably going to be happening in one of the next 2 upcoming 2nd point releases (SC 3.1 is focused on XF 2.1 features, so probably SC 3.2).

Sorry, I mean latest comments (sidebar) in SC2 displays comments from that category and it’s sub categories only
as this is probably going to be happening in one of the next 2 upcoming 2nd point releases (SC 3.1 is focused on XF 2.1 features, so probably SC 3.2).
Great, happy to know it will back probably in 3.2 :)

What about this question Bob?

We can manage without comments sorting menu, but at least we need option in Admincp to change the default comments sort from Ascending to Descending (New comment first), if this is also not possible, then we need your advise to change our default comments sort to Descending (Maybe you can advise us how to do it? which file we have to modify?).
Maybe this is the most important issue in our SC3, so we like to hear your suggestion please

Thanks for your time and usual support

Maybe this is the most important issue in our SC3, so we like to hear your suggestion please
I don't have any suggestions (in this particular case) beyond saying that it would require customization (and I would highly recommend handling it via an addon, not direct file edits). I am sure someone like @NixFifty could help you out :)

I don't have any suggestions (in this particular case) beyond saying that it would require customization (and I would highly recommend handling it via an addon, not direct file edits). I am sure someone like @NixFifty could help you out :)

OK Thanks Bob
I thought it will be easy to make the comments in Descending sort by modifying one line in a file. I surprise that it will need an addon o_O

I will try to find a solution for this

Back