• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase Terms of Service

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Upfront, yes, I know that the site has a Terms of Service and I can add my terms there for Showcase. I have new members that tend to overlook the Terms on all websites. I do it too, but I want to add one more thing to the Create Item>Choose Category modal. I just want a couple lines under the dropdown box that I can put a couple rules.

I have some try to add a couple submissions that are the same but different categories. I know I can simply limit each member to 1 submission, but I want members to be able to add as much as they can. I just want to add a statement there that says "Each item can only be entered once & not multiple times in different categories.". Something like that. Maybe it's not needed, but I feel like giving them the heads up that they can submit them, but I will delete duplicates.

Probably questionable, but maybe I am looking at this incorrectly.

You can use a NOTICE for this. When you create the NOTICE, you can set the Page Criteria >> Page Information: "Controller and Action is:" to first input: NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Showcase and the second input to: Add

Doing it this way, you can also create multiple notices and use a combo of the above criteria along with Showcase Categories Criteria so that you can display different notice text based on the category that they are creating the new item in.

Much more powerful this way IMO.

Okay I will check it out and do it this way. Thanks for giving me the instructions. I have never used the notices this far into an addon so it's cool to try it out. I agree that it would be a better way as well.

Reactions: Bob
Back