• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase = anyone managed to noindex pages?

Pavle123

Showcase
Hello,

I am curious to hear if anyone has managed to find a way to noindex Showcase item pages?
I have tried with advanced noindex plugin, but its incompatible.

I hope someone will have an idea of how to do it.

Besides that I really love Showcase. It is the best thing I have ever purchased for my forum.

Thanks Bob,

It would be good if users can see them though, because its the showcase that makes people see its not just a forum.

Is there a way I can do this with Showcase item pages for instance :

"Find the root template of the page:

And add this to the top:

Code:
<xen:container var="$head.robots">
<meta name="robots" content="noindex" /></xen:container>"

Where exactly should I put this in showcase template? Is this a way to go?

template: nflj_showcase_index
template: nflj_showcase_index_modular
template: nflj_showcase_category
template: nflj_showcase_member

At the TOP part of the template somewhere after the xen:title and xen:h1 and before xen:navigation. Its not like it has to go in an EXACT location.

The way to go is to block guests from viewing which means there is NO WAY for showcase to be indexed period. No Index, No follow etc is not something that will actually PREVENT your content from being indexed.

Thanks Bob, I will try to do that.
So the template for the item is which one?

How exactly does that guest thing work? I do not show showcase to guest users, but when I go to page source, I do not see noindex nofollow tag? Am I missing something?

nflj_ <---- that is the PREFIX for ALL my templates for all my addons
showcase_ <---- that is the ADDON NAME

I tend to use something CLOSE to what the template actually does, so the template for a showcase item would be: nflj_showcase_item its SIDEBAR = nflj_showcase_item_sidebar. There are close to 180 templates (even more in SC 2.3.0).

How exactly does that guest thing work

You edit the "guest" (Unregistered /Unconfirmed ) usergroup and set the View Showcase permission to NO. (Admin CP >> Users >> Permissions >> User Group Permissions >> Unregistered /Unconfirmed

Thanks Bob I will check it out.

Actually I wanted to ask: does guest set to NO includes items being noindex nofollow or are they blocked by robots.txt in that case?

The "View Showcase" permission prevents ANYONE in that particular user group from viewing ANY showcase page. GUESTS uses permissions based on the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group. You can see in the image below that I have it set to ALLOW on my test instance (so I can TEST things), but if you set it to NO, then attempting to access ANY showcase page will result in a PERMISSIONS ERROR

Selection_648.png

As you can see... I tried to directly access Showcase and it won't let me. It will be impossible for a search engine to INDEX something that it can't access!

Selection_649.png

If GOOGLE has already indexed it, you will need to run a RE INDEX after setting the permissions. You also need to make sure you remove showcase Category's and Items from the XML SITEMAP settings as well or search engines are going to have a hay day with you lol

Selection_650.png

Back