• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Showcase 1.3.0 limited "HELP" thread

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As you are aware, SC 1.3.0 RC 1 is unsupported. That means I won't be taking time off of work to help you fix your messed up install or upgrade.

However, that doesn't mean I won't help when I can and or answer any questions. So please use this thread if you need assistance or have questions about how something works with 1.3.0

One of the first things I am sure SOMEONE will want to report as a BUG is that all their images are Broken.

STEP 4 of the Install & Upgrade Doc 1.3.0 clearly says to rebuild the Showcase Thumbs.

Upgrade:

Step 1: Unpack/Extract the contents of the Zip file.
Step 2: Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
Step 3: Upgrade Add-on in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Step 4: Tools >> Rebuild Caches >> Rebuild Showcase Thumbnails

Another "TIP" revert any showcase templates that show up as outdated. DO NOT MERGE. If you do that, you are merging old SC 1.2.0 code into new 1.3.0 and that will mess your templates up.

i have done the update, without any errors............the only problem what i have, i have a style in a width from 990px and now i have only 2 item-cards in one row. how can i reduce the width of the crads, that i have 3 item cards in one row? if i set my style to a width to 1005 px, i have 3 cards in one row.

next thing, in the mobile style, is the name of the item away from the item-cards. i see only the picture, without the title and the stars..........

sry for my bad english

i have a style in a width from 990px and now i have only 2 item-cards in one row. how can i reduce the width of the crads, that i have 3 item cards in one row? if i set my style to a width to 1005 px, i have 3 cards in one row.

I need more information. There are different layouts. I need to know which one you are talking about. which layout (Grid View or Modular View) and which page (showcase Home, Categories, Members) or is this issue somewhere else like with the Node List Items Module? Each has its own templates & CSS.

next thing, in the mobile style, is the name of the item away from the item-cards. i see only the picture, without the title and the stars..........

sry for my bad english

Yes, in mobile view, only the IMAGE displays. You can modify the CSS to change this behavior

i have at the moment on all my sites the grid layout online.

Yes, in mobile view, only the IMAGE displays. You can modify the CSS to change this behavior

i think in the future it is better, if we can show the user the name of the item under the picture :) or?

Upgrade went fine on my test 1.2 forum, so far i have been able to add back all most all of my edits without any problems :)

Reactions: Bob
i have at the moment on all my sites the grid layout online.

You will have to edit each pages "grid" template and grid.css template ie
nflj_showcase_index_grid
nflj_showcase_category_grid
nflj_showcase_member_grid

nflj_showcase_index_grid.css
nflj_showcase_category_grid.css
nflj_showcase_member_grid.css

You will need to find this code in the 3 "grid" templates above
HTML:
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){
        $('.showcaseItemThumb .showcaseItemThumbnail').resizecrop({
            width:200,
            height:150,
            vertical:"middle"
        });
    });
</script>

Change the Width attribute to a smaller value like 180

in conjunction with that, you will need to edit the CSS for those blocks.

This example code is for the INDEX page (nflj_showcase_index_grid.css). YOu will need to do this for all 3 CSS templates

You will need to find this code in the 3 "grid" templates above
Code:
    .showcaseItemContainer .showcaseItemThumb {
        border: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
        height: 150px;
        width: 200px;     
        overflow: hidden;
        position: relative;
    }

.showcaseItemThumb .showcaseItemThumbnail {
            height: 150px;     
            width: 200px;
        } 

.showcaseItemContainer .showcaseItemInfo {
        max-width: 200px;
    }

You will need to change the WIDTH in these 3 classes to the same width that you changed in the above script.

You will need to do this for each PAGES templates (Index, Category and Member).

It looks hard, but its not :)

i think in the future it is better, if we can show the user the name of the item under the picture :) or?
Feel free to post a request. I already have my own plans for how I want to change the "mobile" view for modules

in modular is the 3 card only half to see, on a 990px style. i have testet it at this moment.

The Modules blocks use a responsive Slider. That is expected behavior.. the container in responsive is dynamic width and will slide the 1/2 image to the far left (just resize the home page here to see how it works/looks).

hello bob,

thank you. i have to wait on a new version of my style. i have set the width of my style to 1005px. and all is ok.

i use the core style from russ and this is complete buggy at the moment ^^

on all other functions i see no errors. great update.

Hi Bob
Been playing with 1.3 and can't seem to find any way to turn the navtab menu balloon off that displays the number of new/unread item in the showcase...I think this would be a distraction for my users as not all addons have this feature

Back